Facelift Newbie to RS3 Forum

sve170

Reaction score
Have been a member on the S3 8V forum since early 2016 following purchase of my first Audi, a fully loaded 3dr FL S3 and the last few months I have been lurking around on this RS3 forum.

So about a month ago a visit to local Audi dealer to spec up a new RS3, we specced up what we wan!ed in terms of body style, optional extras etc and looking at a long wait for one to be ordered, built and delivered.

I asked the salesman to see what was on the system, and I could not believe it but there was an RS3 on the system and coming to my dealer. The car was already built and in transit to Emden.

We checked out the spec and everything we wanted from our own spec was on the car apart from the Pano roof, so after some discussions we decided to take it.
Our main spec was Sportback, Nardo or White, Pano roof, Super Sport seats, comfort pact, black gloss pack, sports exhaust, the only option missing is the pano roof, we can live without it I hope.

On all my previous cars I have had to wait up to 6 months for delivery, and the same would have been with the RS3, so rather than wait potentially 5 or 6 months we put pen to paper and 4 weeks later it arrived.

So last Saturday was pick-up day, previously I had only driven the dealer demo RS3 for 24hrs, but now I have my own and what a machine, I am in heaven my wife even loves it. She was very apprehensive regarding power and the S-tronic gearbox, has only ever driven manual motors, but she can’t stop smiling this past week, still wary of the car but overall it’s perfect and she is loving it.

As soon as I get a chance I will post a few pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS4B5, Terminator x, drgav2005 and 2 others
Placed my order a few weeks ago and going through the painful wait now.

Glad your enjoying it

What sort of delivery date are you expecting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club :icon thumright:

Had mine for 6 weeks now and love it! Enjoy those tunnels lol

Reactions: AB RS3, D0C and sve170
Pano roof over rated imho, so heavy *awaits beating from pano owners*

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: E15

TX.

Strange that as I think the pano roof totally changes the look of the car, especially from front angle.
I had the option take what was available which as above had everything bar the roof, or create a new car order and probably not see it until Aug-Sept-Oct.

So bit the bullet and took what was on its way to Emden, no regrets at all the RS3 is something else, enjoying every minute of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator x

TX.

To be fair, these aren't exactly track cars to start with. Like the look of the pano roof although it didn't introduce as much noise into the cabin as I expected when I tried one.

Reactions: sve170
To be fair, these aren't exactly track cars to start with. Like the look of the pano roof although it didn't introduce as much noise into the cabin as I expected when I tried one.

Had mine open on the motorway at 70mph with no issues at all, the wind deflector at the front certainly funnels the air up and over the roof.

Had mine open on the motorway at 70mph with no issues at all, the wind deflector at the front certainly funnels the air up and over the roof.

Sorry, I meant exhaust noise!

Mines "in transit" & "arrived in the UK" but apparently it takes customs 10 working days to clear it then it comes to the dealership before they prep it

Reactions: drgav2005
Don't let them prep it would be my advice.

Reactions: DW81 and jaysrs4