Quick pit stop at VAG Car coding

Jonny B

Reaction score
Quick Pit stop in North London this morning to see DJAlix at VAG car coding. For some reason I forgot to spec folding mirrors when I ordered my vehicle. Can live with that but also therefore was missing the tilt on reverse for passenger mirror. Don't use it often but comes in handy with certain situations. Alex worked his magic and coded that for me . Big thanks to him and if you have any issues I suggest you look him up.:respekt:

Reactions: Terminator x, MikeSel^ and DJAlix
Yes. He’s a real Gent.
Worked he’s magic on my car with SW, FW and Nav updates.

Recommended in 100+%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DJAlix
Quick Pit stop in North London this morning to see DJAlix at VAG car coding. For some reason I forgot to spec folding mirrors when I ordered my vehicle. Can live with that but also therefore was missing the tilt on reverse for passenger mirror. Don't use it often but comes in handy with certain situations. Alex worked his magic and coded that for me . Big thanks to him and if you have any issues I suggest you look him up.:respekt:
Was a pleasure sir, great to have a little catch up and to see that beast of a car :)

Does that mean Audi fit the folding mirror mechanism to all cars? Just not activate them? So its basically £250 for software that we could do ourselves!?

Does that mean Audi fit the folding mirror mechanism to all cars? Just not activate them? So its basically £250 for software that we could do ourselves!?

Mirror bases are different. It seems the mirror dip on reverse feature was enabled, not folding mirrors.

Passenger Mirror Dip while in Reverse Gear is officially part of the Power Folding and Adjustable Mirrors option from Audi. While the passenger mirror dip can be activated via coding and works correctly on most cars folding mirrors actually requires the standard mirror bases to be replaced with ones that contain the needed motors. A new interior switch is also needed a long with all the related coding.

I might be wrong but can’t a ‘blag’ version of this be done with carista

A quick one DJA - when my Ghost was fitted it threw a code on the matrix lights as the light switch was disconnected taking the panel off - it this a vcds reset issue or a deeper problem?

A quick one DJA - when my Ghost was fitted it threw a code on the matrix lights as the light switch was disconnected taking the panel off - it this a vcds reset issue or a deeper problem?
Sounds like you had a proper installer for your ghost then, who tried to hide it, and not the “i’m just gonna install it in the footwell” installer :)

Would need to see / scan the error to know fully what the “issue” could be but disconnecting the light switch should not cause any issues. My guess is that your installer turned the ignition on to test the ghost before re-fitting everything and the car could not see the switch so threw an error, which just needs clearing.

That was my thoughts. The complexity of the matrix lights is a new one on many! I will pm you for a visit as I really don't want to revisit Audi if I can help it!

That was my thoughts. The complexity of the matrix lights is a new one on many! I will pm you for a visit as I really don't want to revisit Audi if I can help it!
Yup, I am still reading up on the official self study program for them. Not gonna be many people out there who will have the “balls” to try and work with them as a mistake will cost big.

Yup, I am still reading up on the official self study program for them. Not gonna be many people out there who will have the “balls” to try and work with them as a mistake will cost big.
Hi Alex, not sure if you've picked up my PM?

Alex

Great to meet up today and thanks for clearing the code. Nice to have a proper chat through the motors too - some nice metal sitting in N22 this afternoon!
Best

Tony