Xenon lamp

fluffsri

Reaction score
My ballast pack has died and Audi want £417 for a new lamp! Does anyone know where i can get a replacement or to get hold of a cheaper headlamp unit? Any ideas welcome, just got back from Vegas and lost too much on roulette to justify new headlamp form Audi:)

a headlamp is not 400 quid, I had two replaced and they're 200 quid for an A4 with xenons.
I had problems with mine going on and off and Audi said it was the ballast and I said it wasn't. It wasn't. It was the bulb itself. they're about 50 quid.

You can get new replacement DS1/DS2 Hella/Valeo ballasts on ebay for around £65.

Or get one of the newer high wattage HID systems.

A4Quattro said:
a headlamp is not 400 quid, I had two replaced and they're 200 quid for an A4 with xenons.
I had problems with mine going on and off and Audi said it was the ballast and I said it wasn't. It wasn't. It was the bulb itself. they're about 50 quid.

Ring Yeovil Audi as thtas where i was quoted £417 for a headlight and £114 for a bulb!

inigoj said:
You can get new replacement DS1/DS2 Hella/Valeo ballasts on ebay for around £65.

Or get one of the newer high wattage HID systems.

Cheers for that mate ill have a look, ive been on ebay looking for Ballast,ignitor and discharge units and haven't found any yet but i have found a few links that i have been following. At the mo im on to Hella technical to find a discharge unit.

I got a new ballast for about £100 from hids4u.co.uk, highly recommend them. Very helpful and quick delivery.

joe6886 said:
I got a new ballast for about £100 from hids4u.co.uk, highly recommend them. Very helpful and quick delivery.

Cheers for that! £125 a unit, so if i dont get the one on ebay ill be of to them, thanks again!:icon_thumright:

All sorted guys cheers for the advice. I bought a unit from hids4u, £134 delivered. arrived 2 days after ordering. I am impreesed with the customer service of the company, highly recommend!