A3 2011 2.0CR Sportback buying advice

Chris90

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all

New to the A3 side of things but own a 2012 A4. Looking to get my sister a A3 2011 2.0TDI as her next car and we seen a one we like. It's a S-line model.

Just wondering if anyone can share any pointers on what the common issues are on the A3 platform and anything we need to look out for. We have ruled out the 1.6TDI due to the injector issues and EGR valves that fail. Are all of the 2011 (8P) A3's a Common Rail engine? I guess these came in the 140 and 175bhp outputs?

Thanks to anyone who can share any pointers with myself before I get chance to go look at the car tomorrow.

Cheers

Chris

That year and model should be common rail and they come in at 140 and 170 both can be remapped to around 170 and 200. The cr still has the egr unfortunately which are still prone to fail especially if Audi have had their hands on it and performed the emissions fix. Which they will never hold their hands up to. Maybe you can ask when looking if it’s been done and look for one that hasn’t. I guess if you find a nice car that has been done you can always remap to overwrite their apparent fix. Also a comprehensive service history is a bonus too.