S3 New Order

ScottG

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just ordered a new S3 sportback, decided against the black edition as we wanted the silver mirrors and detailing to make it look different from a normal S - line. Anyone else got a panther black car ? What’s your opinions on it ?

Trading in our Mini Cooper SD, roll on three months time.

Attachments

• B3F0DB2B-15D4-465F-BFD6-2642635EFDBA.jpeg
    B3F0DB2B-15D4-465F-BFD6-2642635EFDBA.jpeg
    530.2 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: NevMan, Bristle Hound and Audi Bairn
Hi all,

Just ordered a new S3 sportback, decided against the black edition as we wanted the silver mirrors and detailing to make it look different from a normal S - line. Anyone else got a panther black car ? What’s your opinions on it ?

Brave choice colour wise. Black is the hardest colour to keep clean but if detailing is your thing then black does look amazing when polished to a mirror shine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound and ScottG
Brave choice colour wise. Black is the hardest colour to keep clean but if detailing is your thing then black does look amazing when polished to a mirror shine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi Emma, this is actually my wife’s car - I’ve got a Tanzanite Blue 440i BMW otherwise we would have went for Navarra. Yours does look great also!

Cleaning doesn’t bother me, black looks immense when clean and the chrome accents stand out against that sea of gloss.

Reactions: NevMan, Vertigo1 and Audi Bairn
I had a panther black TTS in 2011 and as noted above - it looks amazing when clean - but it did my head in trying to keep it looking that way. Clean my car without fail each week & black just punishes you. Even the slightest rain shower and the car stationary just undoes all your hard work.

That said I still maintain the car looked ace when clean & black looks expensive & classy.
I did vow never to have black again .. but never say never :)

Congrats on your car it will be stunning :icon thumright:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audi Bairn and ScottG
I had a panther black TTS in 2011 and as noted above - it looks amazing when clean - but it did my head in trying to keep it looking that way. Clean my car without fail each week & black just punishes you. Even the slightest rain shower and the car stationary just undoes all your hard work.

That said I still maintain the car looked ace when clean & black looks expensive & classy.

I am into keeping my car clean, I wouldn’t say I am a detailer but I do try :blink: Black shouldn’t be a problem for us, we’ve always had dark coloured cars in the past. It can’t be worse than Tanzanite blue on my 4 series it’s horrendous for swirl marks.

I get the feeling that there aren’t too many Panther Black S3’s on the forum?

Anyway we loved the test drive we had in Aberdeen, the S3 has lots of charchter which I was surprised by, I thought it would be a bit soul less being a 4 pot (Quiet).

It proved me very wrong, the things a beast and we can’t wait to get ours.

Reactions: NevMan, Audi Bairn and Snake Pliskin
No there aint any current members on here with Panther Black,which in my opinion is thee only black paint to have,ah Tanzanite Blue/Black...lol.....same kinda a paint,Panther can look so greeny, black.so browny black,.....its a Chameleon of a paint colour.....main reason peeps dont opt for it barring its a black paint...is the price over and above Mythos,l have a keen interest in BMW paint colour...my fav being San Marino Blue

DSC 0186

Reactions: JonnyS3, Broonie22, NevMan and 3 others
ED has a panther black RS3.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I have a Panther Black S3 Saloon. I love it but my ocd can't cope with it, within 10 seconds of finishing cleaning it's dirty again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and ScottG
No there aint any current members on here with Panther Black,which in my opinion is thee only black paint to have,ah Tanzanite Blue/Black...lol.....same kinda a paint,Panther can look so greeny, black.so browny black,.....its a Chameleon of a paint colour.....main reason peeps dont opt for it barring its a black paint...is the price over and above Mythos,l have a keen interest in BMW paint colour...my fav being San Marino Blue

View attachment 152168
Love it San Marino’s my favourite!

Reactions: Jassyo06
I have a Panther Black S3 Saloon. I love it but my ocd can't cope with it, within 10 seconds of finishing cleaning it's dirty again.

That bad? Would you get it again if you were starting over ?

That bad? Would you get it again if you were starting over ?

When it's really clean and glossy it looks fantastic, especially when the sun catches it. But when it's got even a slight film of dirt it seems to look really dull.

I definitely would get it again if I was starting over, even though I keep questioning why I picked it. I've always had silvers and greys before so fancied a change but just underestimated how bad black was for showing every speck of dirt.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, ScottG and Snake Pliskin
Loving mine. It looks great with the rotor grey leather.

Reactions: ScottG
Yeah they were by far the best deal in Scotland taking into account our trade in on the Mini.

I haggled with Stirling, Perth & Aberdeen.

Didn’t bother trying Glasgow / Ayr or Edinburgh as they are all part of Lookers Audi group ( same
As Stirling).

Stirling actually told me they can’t compete
With John Clark in Aberdeen ! So our business went to them.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hi all,

@ScottG - Hi & :welcome!: to Audi-Sport.Net !
:s3addict: SB sounds great!
Brave going black tho', but that could just be me lol

@Snake Pliskin - Wise words from another previous black owner
Drove my car OCD into overdrive ! Never again, I think lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, ScottG and sgtvic
Yeah they were by far the best deal in Scotland taking into account our trade in on the Mini.

I haggled with Stirling, Perth & Aberdeen.

Didn’t bother trying Glasgow / Ayr or Edinburgh as they are all part of Lookers Audi group ( same
As Stirling).

Stirling actually told me they can’t compete
With John Clark in Aberdeen ! So our business went to them.
Dundee Audi is John Clark too. Did you try them? Not the best customer service but they sometimes have similar deals to Aberdeen.

Being honest, Dundee slipped my mind !
I have been doing a bit of work in Aberdeen anyway and always drive past the showroom and it looks fantastic. Honestly cannot fault the service I’ve had so far, which I was shocked at as normally John Clark are expensive! Especially in Aberdeen.

Reactions: Broonie22
I've had 3 Black cars. Never again. As said above, as soon as you wash it, it's dirty again.