Good Afternoon Audi Lovers

A4 lover

Reaction score
Hello Good Afternoon Guys can somebody help me please? I
have an Audi A4 2007 b7, I starting the car it is driving ok but after 5 minutes the car is loosing power(it is getting lazy) like the turbo is not working properly, and but in a few minutes the Glow plug sign appears on my dashboard is flashing and the car runs perfectly it has power back.
2 weeks ago I was in a garage as well they cheked the car it came up with the error glow plug code (P0401) but they deleted it and after 1 week it came back..
Any ideas? or somebody knows a good garage in Suffolk?
Much appreciated

Wilhelm

Could be a clogged DPF/EGR Valve, if you have a faulty glowplug your DPF won't regenerate causing it to clog

thank you for your answer
So EGR change might solve the problem?

thank you for your answer
So EGR change might solve the problem?
Not necessarily, you should get the car scanned when you still have the glowplugs show up on your dash(When it shows up and you have loss of power it means that your car have gone into limp mode)

it was scanned 2 weeks ago and it came up with this code code (P0401)
But the garage said it might be change the EGR but it might not solve the problem.
So they didn't did much to the car... I dont know what to do next honestly.
Do you know by chance a good garage which will not rip of my pocket as well?
thank you kindly for your help

it was scanned 2 weeks ago and it came up with this code code (P0401)
But the garage said it might be change the EGR but it might not solve the problem.
So they didn't did much to the car... I dont know what to do next honestly.
Do you know by chance a good garage which will not rip of my pocket as well?
thank you kindly for your help
Honestly it's hard to say considering your car went into limp mode with only glowplugs showing as being faulty. I've had faulty glowplugs and they've never made it go into limpmode. Think you need to have the car scanned whilst its still in limpmode (Otherwise when you shut the car off it clears the code i think)

I bought my EGR Valve off ebay and replaced it myself, took about 15-30 minutes to do and it cost me like $150

Edit: P0401 code most likely means that your EGR is clogged, there's guides on youtube on how to take it off and clean it, it'll most likely fix your issue

I really appreciate you help and your time.
I am going on holiday soon the car is gonna rest for 2 weeks, but after that I will try something.
because the garage it will just changed.
Thank you very much for you help.