S3 8L BAM boost prob.

grobis91

Reaction score
Hello! I have problem with boost here is video 3rd gear full throtle till 6000rpm

https://streamable.com/qz6um <-- video

Its goes to 1.6bar and then go to 1.1bar

I have screens on dyno graphics

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

boost tails off in the higher rev range it wont stay at 1.5 bar

boost tails off in the higher rev range it wont stay at 1.5 bar
Stock and mapped
3fcb61c55bdd24827f673b8220f62aef.jpg
c404543475a3f9a2e0183accdf92e95d.jpg

the problem you have is what exactly?

1.6bar is too much too soon looking at the graphs... do you have rods? what is the rest of the mods the car has to support this?

A decent K04 will hold about 16-18psi top end...

<tuffty/>

the problem you have is what exactly?

1.6bar is too much too soon looking at the graphs... do you have rods? what is the rest of the mods the car has to support this?

A decent K04 will hold about 16-18psi top end...

<tuffty/>
Problem is power on stock 192hp after remap 235 but torque is good for me 433nm. Man who do remap told me, i have problems with turbo becouse map is ~ 270hp and 450nm

I turns off waste gate actuator with disconnecting hose from n75 and i want to see if he overboost but nothing same sh**.

Car have only k&n inlet filter and single mass clutch.
No forged rods :(

Sorry for bad lang.. :(

this will break your car with just an air filter change - you need more modifications to reach 270 BHP (Intake, Intercooler and downpipe) and 433nm is 320lb-ft - this is more than the engine internals can safely handle.

and is the 192 / 235 (@ the wheels?)

did the man who did the map advise any specific modifications required to get this magic to happen?

this will break your car with just an air filter change - you need more modifications to reach 270 BHP (Intake, Intercooler and downpipe) and 433nm is 320lb-ft - this is more than the engine internals can safely handle.

and is the 192 / 235 (@ the wheels?)

did the man who did the map advise any specific modifications required to get this magic to happen?
192/235 on engine (flywheel) no he told me he was work in uk and he has s3 and that setting easy engine hold 450nm and ~ 270hp on flywheel

Whitout any modification he told

But where is 33hp? Graph with stock where is 192/310 what problem is with boost?

450nm is 330ish ftlbs... very much in the danger zone of bending rods especially based on the delivery shown in your graphs...

To run anywhere near that level of boost you would need 80mm TIP, FMIC and a 3" DP to prevent the ECU getting upset...

On the mods you have done then I would not expect more than a max of 1.2bar ...

On borrowed time mate based on the info you ave provided..

You say you have disconnected the N75? pulling the hose is NOT the right way to do it as it will be uncontrolled boost... unplug the N75 electrically and it should run actuator pressure only...

450nm is NOT safe on std internals... especially with the spikey boost delivery you have... 1.6bar is also not advisable on an engine as unmodded as yours... the ECU can only see a max of 1.5bar anyway so is blind to the extra boost...

What about fuelling? there is no AFR plot to see... I would also log timing pull as I would put money on there being quite a bit...

On your setup as is I would not expect to see more than 1.2bar and afr should be at least 0.85 on boost...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Stuart B
Did you do a smoke test and check for boost leaks ?. Is the engine generally healthy ?. How many miles / km has it done ?
450Nm is too much without having the rods done.
Is he going to replace the rods for you if they bend?
You won't get 270bhp on a 225 with just an air filter, You need a downpipe and cat delete as well .
If it's only running 192bhp standard then you have issues. Any decent tuner would have sorted those problems first before mapping it. No point mapping a car with a duff turbo if that is what is causing the issues. It's likely to blow up shortly.

Reactions: Stuart B
Did you do a smoke test and check for boost leaks ?. Is the engine generally healthy ?. How many miles / km has it done ?
450Nm is too much without having the rods done.
Is he going to replace the rods for you if they bend?
You won't get 270bhp on a 225 with just an air filter, You need a downpipe and cat delete as well .
If it's only running 192bhp standard then you have issues. Any decent tuner would have sorted those problems first before mapping it. No point mapping a car with a duff turbo if that is what is causing the issues. It's likely to blow up shortly.
No i didnt check boost leak only checked actuator with pressure and its ok. I changed engine 3 years ago car from uk now i think about 210k km in odometer is 250k

I dont know why he mapped so strong nm if i fix problems probably i can blow engine.

How much nm and hp stock engine can handle?

I think he dont change rods if engine blow.

Sorry for language

380ish nm is generally regarded as 'safe' but delivery is also a factor... bringing it in one lump like that can 'shock' the engine enough to bend the rods over... its also not the best way to tune a 1.8t anyway as too much boost too soon will just generate heat and cause power to drop off sooner...

<tuffty/>