Best price for new S4

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hello all.

Just requested prices for a new S4. What’s the best prices people have seen for a new S4?

Admittedly not an S4 but when I was looking for an A4 a month ago drive the deal were the cheapest. Coast2coast were fairly competitive too.

I could get a s4 for around 42k with the spec I wanted. Through carwow with about 15-17% off. But I'm going to wait for the facelift

Full on the road list price for mine was £50,672 and got it for £42,220 including the deposit contribution allowance.

Looking at coast2coast and carwow I would say 15-17% should be achievable. Just need to beat you local stealers up to match.

I achieved 13.5% last year through Coast2Coast which I was happy with on a high spec S4, my dealer then matched it.

I’m sure given the S4 has been around a little while longer that the 15% mark is achievable.

My figures above are for an S4 saloon and taking on the road costs into account works out around the 17% mark. This is through a local dealer in Northern Ireland using a quote I got from Drive the Deal as a bargaining tool.

I achieved 13.5% last year through Coast2Coast which I was happy with on a high spec S4, my dealer then matched it.

I’m sure given the S4 has been around a little while longer that the 15% mark is achievable.
Not sure given the £ has dropped c 30% against the Euro and dealer margins squeezed.

Not sure given the £ has dropped c 30% against the Euro and dealer margins squeezed.

I think it’s the manufacturer not the dealer that gets squeezed when conversion rates change until they can’t put up with it and alter the list price.

£39k seems the cheapest deal on Carwow at the moment. There was a deal for £37k but it seems to have vanished.

Looking at some very lightly used second hand jobs seems to be super cheap. Can get one with 3k odd miles for about £31k.

Depreciation on these is madness

Looking at some very lightly used second hand jobs seems to be super cheap. Can get one with 3k odd miles for about £31k.

Depreciation on these is madness

Goodness.

Lol... I’m not sure I’d drive a car sold as “has had structural damage” think the extra 4K to 31k is well spent :blink:

Reactions: Car_Allowance and cuke2u
Got offered this S4 today. £46k with all these extras:
D26C02BE 78CA 4D70 AC59 D939F641AF65

Lol... I’m not sure I’d drive a car sold as “has had structural damage” think the extra 4K to 31k is well spent :blink:
You did well to see that tiny little S on the advert though, should be more prominent imho!

TX.

I think it’s the manufacturer not the dealer that gets squeezed when conversion rates change until they can’t put up with it and alter the list price.
It is both to a degree. If you take the historic pre Brexit circa E1.40/1.35 to today's E1.12 the devaluation of the £ is very clear. In the EU a base spec RS4 is circa E100,000 which at E1.40 is circa £70K At E1.12 it is nearer £90k Base spec in the UK is currently £62K nearly a third less than in the EU. Audi have absorbed some of the costs in the short-term but dealers discount structure has been significantly reduced. It is my considered opinion, in line with many motoring pundits that if the Brexit fiasco continues car prices are likely to rise significantly. The likes of Audi will move their sales to the Chinese market who cannot get enough of them. Watch this space.

Reactions: Jsmills and mxnrg
All I read from that is we have a 28k discount because of brexit..... brexit rules :icon thumright:

Surely since the RS4 is newly released, it’s price would have been made against current exchange rates, not vs the peak rate from 2/3 years ago. The way I see it the euro vs pound is similar to historic values and is hardly down the pan.

Remember they spend a lot of money in pounds operating in the uk so while they make less on the car they spend less as a business operating here

Reactions: tickedon and Spaceman_RS3
I got my S4 for £42500 reduced from about £50k with extras 50% cash 50% credit at low Audi rate

@Jsmills I got a great deal on my current A4 from Lincoln Audi. They also always come out cheapest in the UK on Carwow as well.

Reactions: Jsmills
I’ve seen quite a few high spec S4 demonstrators with around 3k miles for £36-38. They seem like a good deal.

Also just seen an S5 with every and I mean EVERY option with 3k miles for £48k or a very high spec S4 in Seprang Blue with 5k miles for £48.

Lincoln Audi offered me a new basic S4 on Car Wow for £37k then changed the price to £40k and now changed it again to £41K!!!

Newbury Audi got me 13.9% discount on my new S4 vehicle (coming in Sept/Oct) with :

Adaptive sport suspension with damping control
Comfort and sound pack with rear view camera
Dynamic steering
Electric folding door mirrors
Electrically adjustable front seats - driver seat with memory
Extended LED Interior multi coloured light pack
Head up Display
Light and vision pack
Metallic - Navarra blue
Privacy glass with front acoustic glazing
Storage pack
Towing equipment
Sport Differential
Panoramic Sunroof
Rear side airbags

Think I went option clicking mad :-(

Also is the S4 really getting a facelift ... have I timed my new car completely wrong?

Also is the S4 really getting a facelift ... have I timed my new car completely wrong?

If you like the car then no you haven't. If you waited a few months or whatever for the facelift then you could kiss goodbye to the discount. If you then wait until the discounts are good on the facelift then the new model will appear before you're probably out of negative equity. So the merry go round starts again.

Personally I'd get the biggest discount I can. If I wanted an A6 then I'd be looking at getting one before the production line changes to the new one for example. I'd be happy with the money saved and the spanking new car.

Reactions: Keef
I wouldn’t worry about the facelift as it’s at least a year away and it will be purely cosmetic. And Audi cosmetic updates are barely recognisable.
Just enjoy your new car.

Reactions: WesT-gefül and TameAutumn
I wouldn’t worry about the facelift as it’s at least a year away and it will be purely cosmetic. And Audi cosmetic updates are barely recognisable.
Just enjoy your new car.
Point taken :thumbs up:

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I've just got the below through (for my Wife) from DriveTheDeal:

ROTR: £51,671
Discount: £8,433
DTD Offer Price: £43,238

Spec:

Navarra Blue
5-V spoke’ design alloy wheels in matt titanium
Interior: Piano Black finish
Black Styling Pack
Panoramic glass sunroof
Privacy glass side
Extended LED Interior Lighting Pack – multi-coloured
Folding Door mirrors
Audi Virtual Cockpit

Looking like 16 week lead time at the moment which is perfect as her Q5 is going back at start of Sept.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9