Audi A7 TFSI Mods?

Ryan Wilks

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Ryan, I'm 21 and this is the first time I've ever posted on any sort of car forum, so please go easy on me!

I've just recently bought a 2010 A7 TFSI 3.0 Supercharged, with 60,000 miles on the clock and am hopefully planning on doing a bunch of different things to it, performance and aesthetics wise.

If there is already a thread for the TFSI and what mods other people have done then I'd love to be pointed in that direction, but I just haven't really been able to find that many, so I thought I'd make one myself and see how it goes!

I'd love to hear/see what other people have done to their cars, especially if anyone has a TFSI, but honestly I'm here mainly for ideas/inspiration.

Cheers :)

Hey Ryan, welcome to the form.

Interesting choice of car for your age! What made you go for the A7?

Here is a list of the ones I did on my 7:
  • Swap out the air intake - I went for the injen one (google them)
  • Swap out the exhaust - I went AWE Quad, and swapped out the rear diffuser for the S7 one
  • Wrapped the mirrors black - depending on your car colour
  • I fitted a flat bottom steering wheel
  • Fitted the S7 gear knob
  • There are a couple of VCDS mods you can do - needle sweep, remote tail gate control
  • Swap out the interior lights for LEDs
  • I swapped the rear lights for the updated matrix ones
The 7 is not a cheap car to mod, but have fun :racer:

Hi RAF, I've seen you on quite a few of the other threads, love what you've done to yours, the blue is stunning.

I went for an A7 because I remember seeing one on the road years ago when I was like 15 and I just thought wow that is a gorgeous car, and then watching Top Gear, I got more and more into cars, and I managed to find a TFSI for sale near me, and jumped at the chance to own what I think is one of the most unique and beautiful cars ever made, and being able to find a petrol was even better :)

I was thinking of starting small like a wingmirror wrap, the car is grey so I'd probably go for the silver that comes on the S and RS cars, I love the way it looks.

Looking at exhausts but there doesn't seem to be much choice! And yeah you're definitely right it is not a cheap car to mod haha!

Plan on keeping it for a long time so I want to get the LED head and rear lamps done, want the scrolling indicators so badly haha. Flat steering wheel is also on the list for sure, was it easy to fit yourself? Want to wrap it at some point as well, have no idea what colour yet though, will try and get some photos up when she's been cleaned and it isn't a miserable day!

Reactions: RAF_S7
eBay is a good place to start as far as finding OEM bits to mod with.

Headlights, thats a huge cost option, since the facelift headlights are not plug and play, plus you need a new bumper to fit them. Rears sweepers will fit, but electrically can be a challenge to install.

Other good mods are the front grill, swap out for the RS7 grill. On the C7 platform it’s pretty much a straight swap.

I loved the sound of the super chargers on my A7, and putting on a free flow intake will open them up no end!

The OEM (and copy) mirror caps are only for the top half of the housing - due to the design of the mirror - so warping is a more cost effective solution. Fitting complete S/RS7 mirrors will entail taking most of the door apart to fit them, but they do occasionally come up on eBay.

I know what you mean about the shape, I love it, but other people don’t. Bit like marmite lol.

There are plenty of options on the exhaust front, with Miltek being the favourite, plenty of those on eBay at decent prices at the moment as well.

Whatever you do, I’m sure you’ll have fun doing it. Takes forever to clean though, it’s such a big car! :racer:

Yeah I've found a place near to me that will swap out the rear lights for the LED ones for about £1200, including the coding to actually get them to work properly.

Yeah I've looked at an RS7 Grill on Xenonz.co.uk they have an RS7 grill for about £220, so will probably go with that one.

I had a look at that Injen Air Intake and oh my God! Saw some videos on Youtube and wow that sounds amazing, definitely different to anything I hear going around my town, I think that'll be the first thing I do, after I hear back from my insurance about how much extra it will cost haha.

The wing mirrors I think I will definitely get wrapped now, looked on eBay for some of the silver ones and they were like £280 so I will definitely go with a wrap instead. Got a quote for a full vinyl wrap on the car as well for about £1900, and strangly like the thought of British Racing Green, not sure how it would look though!

And yes it takes hours to clean!! As long as it doesn't rain I'll probably clean her today or tomorrow haha :)

Reactions: RAF_S7
£1200 for sweeping tails is a really good price, especially if using OEM tail lights. I’d just double check that this person has done the swap before, as the sweep indicator function is not contained within the lights only, there are additional modules that need to be added. It’s also a lot of work to install as you have to remove a lot of trim and add additional wiring etc.

I got mine from these guys here and a diy install was at least 3 hours work....

Yeah I've found a place near to me that will swap out the rear lights for the LED ones for about £1200, including the coding to actually get them to work properly.

Yeah I've looked at an RS7 Grill on Xenonz.co.uk they have an RS7 grill for about £220, so will probably go with that one.

I had a look at that Injen Air Intake and oh my God! Saw some videos on Youtube and wow that sounds amazing, definitely different to anything I hear going around my town, I think that'll be the first thing I do, after I hear back from my insurance about how much extra it will cost haha.

The wing mirrors I think I will definitely get wrapped now, looked on eBay for some of the silver ones and they were like £280 so I will definitely go with a wrap instead. Got a quote for a full vinyl wrap on the car as well for about £1900, and strangly like the thought of British Racing Green, not sure how it would look though!

And yes it takes hours to clean!! As long as it doesn't rain I'll probably clean her today or tomorrow haha :)
Hi,
If you do have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help.
Regards,
Dan.

They do look so, so good, it's weird how such a simple thing makes such a huge difference to the way the car looks, and yeah the guy has a website called Audi Retrofits, he does loads of stuff from the tail lights to installing a "starlight roof" in the interior, which I also really want haha! But yes he's always posting videos on his Instagram about all the different mods he's done, so I think he knows his stuff.

Decided that I'm going to get that Injen Induction Kit as the first mod, not that expensive and pretty simple to install, got a quote from my insurance company and it'll only cost £26.64, £19.50 of which is an admin cost, so the mod only costs £7.14 which I was pretty shocked by, what sort of performance difference did you notice when you fitted it RAF? Anything huge or was it just that gorgeous sound of the supercharger?

It definately felt more responsive after fitting it. I originally just dropped a K&N filter into the standard air box, and it didn’t sound or feel any different from before.

The injen sounds way better, though not everyone likes the supercharger whistle, it feels faster.

I have my old injen sitting in the garage gathering dust, but lm not back in the UK till May/June :racer:

Yeah I have to admit at first I wasn't too keen on the whistle, but it's grown on me and now I love it! It's nice just to have something that's a bit different to all the rest, all the turbo's that are out there, you get used to hearing the same noise over and over, but that whine, just sets you apart from the crowd and it's amazing haha.

Ah ok, more responsive than before then?

And oh right ok, is that an older model of the one that's on their website then? If it's the same, I'd definitely be interested in buying it :)