SQ5 My SQ5 Order Thread *Exclusive Colour*

want some advice, go sooner than end of July (if it is here) :thumbs up:

Mrs has almost exclusive use of V40 D2. Sold the Guilietta about a month ago, so I’ve had to borrow my mum’s Jazz!! Such a performance vehicle with all of its 102 ponies ;)
jeez, Jazz to SQ5, that is some jump. For all these reasons that is why I have yet to do factory order, always manage to compromise, but I keep telling myself I will one day, but probably need some better/further ahead planning, but bit impulsive for that

Would love SQ5 next, but having just bought the wife a Mini JCW, think I shall have Q5 for sometime (ok it is only a few months old anyway) lol

… in Navarro blue.
Mrs isn’t super happy with the colour but couldn’t justify ‘exclusive’.
Plus it took us 18 months to decide on the SQ5, so we’d probably still be ‘discussing’ which colour to go for even now.
Very nice, but you will need ceramic coating like I am about to get...dark colours and all that.

lol...18 months!

The Jazz is…do I need to say anything really?!? Appreciative of the loan but would never pick one. We’re looking at the mini too, to replace the Volvo but not the JCW. Our eldest has just turned 17, so we’re looking for something he can get him insured on. Maybe a Golf? Still deciding, so it may be some time.

Yeah, considering a ceramic coating. The more I hear about it, the more it sounds like a good investment. Any variants too look out for? Good or bad.

Reactions: NevMan
The Jazz is…do I need to say anything really?!? Appreciative of the loan but would never pick one. We’re looking at the mini too, to replace the Volvo but not the JCW. Our eldest has just turned 17, so we’re looking for something he can get him insured on. Maybe a Golf? Still deciding, so it may be some time.

Yeah, considering a ceramic coating. The more I hear about it, the more it sounds like a good investment. Any variants too look out for? Good or bad.
We got the JCW specifically so that the kids COULD not drive it...lol
Polo might be a good shout.

So many products, but the real key is getting car paint prepared properly and then ceramic applied, that is why I am going with Pro, but plenty on here have done themselves, a garage space does really help

@CC-SQ5
16th Feb the order was 'received' by the factory. The full timeline:
Screen Shot 2018 06 13 at 154723

Our spec very similar to yours:
  • 21" V-Spoke Wheels
  • Panoramic Roof
  • Folding Mirrors
  • Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
  • Red Brake Calipers
  • Light & Vision Pack
  • Comfort & Sound Pack
  • Audi Pre-Sense Rear
  • Air Suspension
In Nav blue.

Reactions: CC-SQ5 and NevMan
@q5man
Polo's, like Fiestas, are more expensive than something like a Golf (R-Line 1.5 TFSI). Being quoted circa £1400 for the Golf, in excess of £2500 for a 1.0 Polo!!

@q5man
Polo's, like Fiestas, are more expensive than something like a Golf (R-Line 1.5 TFSI). Being quoted circa £1400 for the Golf, in excess of £2500 for a 1.0 Polo!!

Fair enough, suppose they are very popular as 1st car being small. Golf way better anyway...or a mini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not 'into' insurance, but apparently it's all about accident stats; the more times a certain vehicle, driven by a certain demographic has an accident, the premium rises for that combo.

@CC-SQ5
16th Feb the order was 'received' by the factory. The full timeline:
View attachment 157918

Our spec very similar to yours:
  • 21" V-Spoke Wheels
  • Panoramic Roof
  • Folding Mirrors
  • Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
  • Red Brake Calipers
  • Light & Vision Pack
  • Comfort & Sound Pack
  • Audi Pre-Sense Rear
  • Air Suspension
In Nav blue.
Brilliant! Looking forward to seeing it.

What are you using to monitor the status code looks much better than the JSONLint thing?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What are you using to monitor the status code looks much better than the JSONLint thing?

This is formatted JSON output ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: CC-SQ5
This is formatted JSON output ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah just had a look on Google lol. I've not bothered to send a fancy output but I've been sitting at 30 for weeks now. Cars in a black hole somewhere haha.

}, "data": { "orderNumber": ",

"orderStatus": "30", "deliveryDealerCode": "",

"orderHistory": [
{ "orderStatus": "30", "statusDate": "2018-05-11T01:06:44+0100" }, { "orderStatus": "24", "statusDate": "2018-03-26T00:00:00+0100" }, { "orderStatus": "23", "statusDate": "2018-03-24T00:00:00+0000" }, { "orderStatus": "22", "statusDate": "2018-03-23T00:00:00+0000" }, { "orderStatus": "21", "statusDate": "2018-03-22T00:00:00+0000" }, { "orderStatus": "20", "statusDate": "2018-03-11T01:08:10+0000" }, { "orderStatus": "10", "statusDate": "2018-01-17T01:09:01+0000" }, { "orderStatus": "00", "statusDate": "2018-01-10T01:10:05+0000"

Just saved the JSON as a text file(.JSON) the opened it in Firefox, which does format it quite nicely. Makes it really easy to go through all the options you’re waiting for…
Sorry.
…options you’ve specc’d.

Reactions: NevMan and CC-SQ5
It is pretty s**t that a company like Audi can’t offer more accurate tracking data for their customer orders.

Yeah it really is, I am quite lucky to be able to text the sales bird that I deal with at Audi for bits of info but seems I'm updating her than the other way round.

When I spoke to Audi UK last week, they told me my car was on the port in Mexico?!?!
Dealer says Germany, so I’m going with them.

Hang in there guys, I took the SQ5 out for a 30 mile round trip today only up to 130 miles and treating the car very gently. You know I am taking it really carefully when the wife was wondering why I wasn't doing the traffic light GP like I normally do ;) For those getting it, Air Suspension continues to be a revelation on some of the dodgy UK tarmac we have to deal with as well as being ultra smooth on better roads. I've also started playing a bit more with the 'Tour' pack items like the radar cruise control and lane keep assist, both nice toys that take the stress out of low speed driving in traffic.

Reactions: paul wev, Meester_Steve and NevMan
Trust me guys, one long run in your SQ5s and all the waiting angst will evaporate away. Hoping your rides arrive soon!

I have 2 130 mile trips planned for the next two days with should triple my milage ;) Still driving like there's an egg under the throttle till I hit 600 miles!

Reactions: Meester_Steve, paul wev and NevMan
Trust me guys, one long run in your SQ5s and all the waiting angst will evaporate away. Hoping your rides arrive soon!

I have 2 130 mile trips planned for the next two days with should triple my milage ;) Still driving like there's an egg under the throttle till I hit 600 miles!

@mxnrg You take it easy with your new baby - they're like unicorn tears (or rocking-horse s**t, if you prefer) to get hold of via factory order!! ;)

Just sent a 'snot-o-gram' to our dealer to try to put a bit of a rocket up Audi so they pull their finger out! Not sure it will help, but I felt a bit better afterwards. We'll see what they come back with...

Well...my car arrived in Emden on 9th June and the dealer told me it waits there for 5 days and then on a ship to Port of Tyne...should be with me by the end of June / early July...

Hopefully...

Reactions: Meester_Steve, mxnrg, NevMan and 1 other person
Well...my car arrived in Emden on 9th June and the dealer told me it waits there for 5 days and then on a ship to Port of Tyne...should be with me by the end of June / early July...

Hopefully...
Brilliant! My car left Mexico on the 9th of May, but no idea where it is right now, dealer said to me their system says "in transport from emden" but I don't know if that means to the factory for final QC or from factory to port.

Brilliant! My car left Mexico on the 9th of May, but no idea where it is right now, dealer said to me their system says "in transport from emden" but I don't know if that means to the factory for final QC or from factory to port.

What do they do in emden..I thought it was just to change ships..hence the reason why it take 5 days to full the ship to England...do they complete more QC....

Cannot drive this hire car anymore!!!!!

As far as I have been led to believe it's just a final QC check at the factory but I may be wrong.

My current car may be away this week so probably going to hire a car also but I'm thinking of asking Audi for a loaner but I'm doubtful of that happening. What hire car you driving etc and what sort of prices etc as I'll be in the same boat soon.

It’s unlikely that Audi will load you a car..their t&c’s are only if the car is likely to be 6 months delayed.

I have used Budget but used a comparehire website (Expedia) as they seem to get much cheaper deals than going direct.

I have a golf which had given to the wife as the children car seats are in the back.

To be honest I have hired a fiat 500c as it’s only for me and general run around...which cost £11 per day..not bad.

Watch out for all the extras though..I have no named drivers which add around £12.00 per day!!!

Hence the reason I am keen to get the SQ5 delivered!

@CC-SQ5
So you’ve been told you’ve left Emden?

@Geordie Lee
Pleased you’ve arrived in Germany. I hope your dealer is right and you don’t have to wait too much longer. I’ve been at Emden for 4 weeks and counting... :(

@CC-SQ5
So you’ve been told you’ve left Emden?

@Geordie Lee
Pleased you’ve arrived in Germany. I hope your dealer is right and you don’t have to wait too much longer. I’ve been at Emden for 4 weeks and counting... :(
Well not exactly no, just what I quoted is what she said to me in the text but ill ask the question see what she says today.
Strange though as the tracker should have changed from status 30 which it seems stuck at.

I'm now up to 10,500 in my SQ5 (nearly 10 months old). Did 510 miles this weekend - mainly on motorways. On the first 310 miles I averaged 36mpg (brim to brim) but it was a leisurely journey up the M1 from j8 to J29, then back down to M25, round M25 to M3 and off a J4a....

Worth waiting for (although to be honest I couldnt and took a stock car!). Does everything I ask of it and very discretely, whilst being quick when needed (or wanted - I did do the 50 to 70* ish blast as I came off M25 last night, up hill dual carriageway and it very quickly got to the legal limit*)

* = offical line!

Guess at some stage I will have to decide whether to keep or swap - its only a weekend car so some logic to getting a better daily driver and having a weekend toy but I just dont like seeing old blokes in sports cars (I'm 54...)

Reactions: Meester_Steve and NevMan
love the "* = official line!" :haha:

Reactions: Meester_Steve
Just heard back from my dealer.
Audi UK have no idea when my car will be shipped to the UK. No even an estimate!
No reason. No excuses.
They obviously don't think it will be any time soon, as they have offered a loan vehicle when the delay hits 12 weeks, mid July.
Hummph....:(

I'm now up to 10,500 in my SQ5 (nearly 10 months old). Did 510 miles this weekend - mainly on motorways. On the first 310 miles I averaged 36mpg (brim to brim) but it was a leisurely journey up the M1 from j8 to J29, then back down to M25, round M25 to M3 and off a J4a....

Worth waiting for (although to be honest I couldnt and took a stock car!). Does everything I ask of it and very discretely, whilst being quick when needed (or wanted - I did do the 50 to 70* ish blast as I came off M25 last night, up hill dual carriageway and it very quickly got to the legal limit*)

* = offical line!

Guess at some stage I will have to decide whether to keep or swap - its only a weekend car so some logic to getting a better daily driver and having a weekend toy but I just dont like seeing old blokes in sports cars (I'm 54...)

36mpg..you must have a diesel and would make sense for you mileage..

Update: ETA: Week 41!
Yes, that's October.
Dealer informs me 'There are delays at the port but it is effected by a longer lead-time'.
And I can't get the loan car early.

@Geordie Lee Hope your dealer can keep to their word! 5 days turnaround at Emden.

Huh...just had a thought.
I wonder if I can specify which Audi I can have as a loan car?
Hmmm....I'll have an R8, thanks. V10 of course. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan and Geordie Lee
@CC-SQ5 Heard anything from your lot?
Yeah so this is what she said this morning;

"Ok doke, are you still wanting it to go to the bodyshop? Cause they'll prob take a week or so for that did they tell you how long it'd be? I'll give them a call today regarding the price. I'm scared to say when Incase I'm wrong but I had a status 38 (yours is at 38) car 3 days ago which is now at UK port and the max it can be at UK port is 7 days so just depends when they put it on a ship fingers crossed it's soon "

@CC-SQ5
Sounds promising. Seems odd that cars are coming through, but she doesn't specify how long it was at '38'.
Good luck and fingers crossed indeed.

Update: ETA: Week 41!
Yes, that's October.
Dealer informs me 'There are delays at the port but it is effected by a longer lead-time'.
And I can't get the loan car early.

@Geordie Lee Hope your dealer can keep to their word! 5 days turnaround at Emden.

Just emailed the dealer and awaiting a response.

I do think it’s unlikely to be October due to the emissions issue on 1st September 2018..but you never know...

My build week was 20...so unlikely to get any loan car...