A4 b7 iPod connector- lightning

T07

Reaction score
Quick one, I have symphony 2+ with integrated cd changer and iPod dock in glove box. This is the old 30 pin iPod connector.

Can I use a lightning adaptor to allow me to play music from my iPhone?

If not is there a work around, struggling to find a definitive answer on google.

Someone’s bound to know!

I have the same. Tried an adaptor. Couldn't get it to work. Not even to charge. Thinking of another solution. Don't want to change the stereo. Thinking of taking the iPod adaptor out and replacing with a Bluetooth module.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have just bought a 56 plate A4 with Bose and old iPod lead in glovebox.
There is also a loose plastic bracket in the glovebox, don't know if that is the docking station come adrift.
Anyway, if a buy a iPod female to 3.5mm jack adapter lead, will that allow me to stream from my Android phone?

I doubt it. As I said I tried an adaptor and it wouldn't even charge. I removed the iPod box and my parrot Bluetooth and replaced with a Bluetooth adaptor from eBay. For £52 it's brilliant. I can stream my music and make calls. It even uses my steering wheel controls.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That sounds a more elegant solution.
Could you post a link to the eBay item you used?
Thanks

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/222871121701
4e697ab4e59e86e4fbdb380a61fd2a2c.jpg

Thank you.
Difficult to fit?
I guess it's head unit out.
I'll have to check compatibility, mines got the flip down Satnav screen.

Thank you.
Difficult to fit?
I guess it's head unit out.
I'll have to check compatibility, mines got the flip down Satnav screen.
No not difficult at all. It just plugs into the CD changer slot. Head unit out job yes. And you need to connect it to earth to work.

Bought, fitted, working.
Got a background hum though not audible when driving.
Where did you ground the earthwire? Mine is on the back of the head unit.
Thanks

I can hear a hum. But only if I turn the volume right up with nothing playing. I'll just check to see where I put the earth, I'll get back to you soon

I used the ground from the Parrot device I removed. Not sure where it goes but it's away from the head unit. Might be worth a try.

Not sure what you mean mate.

Resolved the hum.
It was phone resetting to half volume on reconnection.
Turn phone vol up no hum.
Have to do it every time I get in the car though.

Strange. Maybe you can go into the settings to stop it doing it.

All seems to be managed by Dolby Atmos, I'll try turning the Volume Leveller off see what that does.

What exactly can you control through the steering wheel with this unit? Can you search/scroll through phone functions? And makes calls easily? I’m looking at getting one for my b7

You can skip tracks and control the volume, that's it really. Very basic, but works well for the money. I use it in conjunction with Android auto.

Can you use the phone to make calls too? Does it use the microphone already installed do you know?

It comes with a Mike and you can make calls via Bluetooth through the speakers