Facelift Brake Loss - a change of underpants moment.....

Well, they have sourced a replacement -

Panther Black with matt alu styling pack
Pan roof
Matrix LED lights
Carbon fibre inlays
SS Seats in red
Comfort & Sound pack
Sport Pack
Privacy glass
Option offset black alloys
Dim/fold mirrors.

Specs on the configurator to £56k compared to £52 for mine. Gets registered on Saturday.

They have been really good since I threw my toys out of the pram to be fair.

Sounds sweet . Pleased you got this sorted . Blood pressure suitably lowered ... you stuck to your guns good for you ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Evil Diesel
Well, they have sourced a replacement -

Panther Black with matt alu styling pack
Pan roof
Matrix LED lights
Carbon fibre inlays
SS Seats in red
Comfort & Sound pack
Sport Pack
Red brake calipers
Privacy glass
Option offset black alloys
Dim/fold mirrors.

Specs on the configurator to £56k compared to £52 for mine. Gets registered on Saturday.

They have been really good since I threw my toys out of the pram to be fair.

So this is a better car than your original? For the same price? Or less?

What is different to your current car?

This specced at £4k more. Pan roof and matrix are the main differences. Mind you, the carbon inlays are the best part of £1k unbelievably.

Sounds sweet . Pleased you got this sorted . Blood pressure suitably lowered ... you stuck to your guns good for you ..

Cheers mate - you do feel like you are swimming against the tide going through something like this.

This specced at £4k more. Pan roof and matrix are the main differences. Mind you, the carbon inlays are the best part of £1k unbelievably.

So you chose these options or they just gave them to you?

I have to say two things I wouldn’t ever spec a car without are the matrix lights and pan roof. Believe it or not you are getting a much better car out of all this hassle.

Its already built and here - take delivery on Saturday.

Living in London the matrix lights don't make much difference - very rarely am I driving down unlit roads at night but nice to have. The pan roof I was in 2 minds about when I specced mine - nice to have but weight on the wrong part of the car. Having had one now I don't imagine the weight will make any difference!

Panther Black looks nice though - glad its not the same colour as the outgoing one (although Daytona is probably my favourite) as it would just remind me of this saga every time I looked at it.

Its already built and here - take delivery on Saturday.

Living in London the matrix lights don't make much difference - very rarely am I driving down unlit roads at night but nice to have. The pan roof I was in 2 minds about when I specced mine - nice to have but weight on the wrong part of the car. Having had one now I don't imagine the weight will make any difference!

Panther Black looks nice though - glad its not the same colour as the outgoing one (although Daytona is probably my favourite) as it would just remind me of this saga every time I looked at it.
Panther black is a tremendous colour and utterly stunning. I will say though that you will need to really look after it...like all blacks it can look tatty very quickly! I'm jealous, it sounds lovely and a great spec. The alu pack contrasts very nice.

Got to congratulate the dealer, too. They've messed up horribly but mistakes happen in life and at least they've held their hands up and got you very quickly into a comparable (if not better IMO) spec car.

Reactions: TYb, Spaceman_RS3 and Evil Diesel
As long as you can live with the colour, than the outcome is a win on your part... it won’t have been an enjoyable couple of weeks getting it all sorted but the futures looking good with their offer... and with it being here this week... even better :icon thumright:

Congrats on keeping your cool during all of what’s been going on, enjoy Saturday it will be like Christmas all over again :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Thanks lads - yep, I agree, its a good outcome all round. Panther black will be nice - a bit purple in the sun from memory. Second new plate in 3 months - the neighbours (who all now hate me now anyway) will think I have won the lottery and will hate me even more I imagine.

The dealer & Audi UK did come through on this one - full credit where it is due.

Reactions: RS-jay, AudiNutta, E15 and 2 others
congrats mate, glad you got it all sorted!

post pics when you collect it

As been said already mate congrats on the new car hope everything goes well this time for you.
Panther black will look stunning in the sunlight, one of the nicest colours out there for a car.

Cheers Dan - just relieved the nightmare is ending - and a nice ending too.

Reactions: DW81
I'm glad it's sorted for you ED. Just goes to show that a customer can get a result from an international corporation..

Cheers Dan - just relieved the nightmare is ending - and a nice ending too.
Get that panther black full ceramic coated or that will be your next nightmare. It’s a fantastic colour and when I had mine gtechniq ultra serum topped with exo v2, it helped keep it pristine no swirls after 18months

Reactions: DW81 and D0C
Won't be any swirls on mine - no-one touches the car apart from me (and the dealer when they ignore the instruction to avoid the wash bay!).

Not a bad idea on the ceramic though.

Reactions: DW81
Won't be any swirls on mine - no-one touches the car apart from me (and the dealer when they ignore the instruction to avoid the wash bay!).

Not a bad idea on the ceramic though.
No one touches mine either and I’m anal Annie. Believe me with every will in the world and the softest touch without the ceramic it will swirl in time lol

Genuinely chuffed to bits with you, nice to see a good outcome for once... maybe Audi aren’t all that useless, when the customer knows how to scream and shout.

Super fast turnaround for rejection, honestly unheard of. Well done, can’t wait to see photos of the new car!!!

I know where there's a low mileage Viper Green 3 month old one for sale bud..
No rust on the hubs, no flaking exhaust, no rattling flaps and a host of extras .. :whistle2:
Any pics of the viper green?

Genuinely chuffed to bits with you, nice to see a good outcome for once... maybe Audi aren’t all that useless, when the customer knows how to scream and shout.

Super fast turnaround for rejection, honestly unheard of. Well done, can’t wait to see photos of the new car!!!
It took a bit of doing! Anyway, new one now registered and I pick it up 9.30 Saturday to do another new car prep. At least it won't be 2 degrees as it was in December!

Reactions: AudiNutta
It took a bit of doing! Anyway, new one now registered and I pick it up 9.30 Saturday to do another new car prep. At least it won't be 2 degrees as it was in December!

So this is how you got an 18 plate... that’s all you wanted :p

Reactions: Terminator x

Attachments

• sketch-1520799282868.png
    sketch-1520799282868.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 170
Reactions: AudiNutta and TYb
Go and do a few launches - you will feel the love again!

Reactions: E15
The car is mental - that was the hardest thing for me going through the rejection process - love the car but having a nightmare. I had started looking into alternatives and it all left me cold in comparison - if they had tossed the cash back at me I would have gone for a PFL RS3 as I would need a speedy replacement. Had 5 BMWs - most from new - not again. A45 - looks like a joke. The RS is the only thing to really tick my boxes until you get to serious cash.

Reactions: AudiNutta and E15
Happy to hear this has been resolved properly!

You can get back to enjoying an RS3 again, with no more brown trouser moments...!

Good luck tomorrow fella . Post the pics . Will be like ground hog day ..

I have told them I don't need the whole spiel so allow 10 mins for the handover. Then straight off for another Ghost to be installed.......

Reactions: leonwilliams
Pleased you got it all sorted to your advantage @Evil Diesel :thumbs up:
Cheers - sorry it all got a bit too 'heated' at times.

To be fair, Audi (both Watford and UK) have really moved the mountain on this one to, firstly keep me in the brand and secondly, do what they can to ensure a positive experience and I really do appreciate what they have done.

Roll on Saturday.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I have told them I don't need the whole spiel so allow 10 mins for the handover. Then straight off for another Ghost to be installed.......

Did they compensate you for the loss of your ghost?... cause any issues for having it?

I haven't raised it as an issue tbh - at the end of the day, they have done everything asked of them so I am happy just to wear the cost of a second Ghost install.

Reactions: D0C, AudiNutta, Behind The Bins and 1 other person
I haven't raised it as an issue tbh - at the end of the day, they have done everything asked of them so I am happy just to wear the cost of a second Ghost install.

At least they didn’t make a problem out of it, which they could have.

At least they didn’t make a problem out of it, which they could have.
Perhaps ED didn't tell them and now they have a car that won't start :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta, oli356 and billymc92
Even I am not that mean spirited! It will be interesting to see what they relist it at - list price £52,500 - invoice price £48,300.

Even I am not that mean spirited! It will be interesting to see what they relist it at - list price £52,500 - invoice price £48,300.

I’m sure they will give a full breakdown of the cars history to the next prospective owner . Can’t wait to phone up and enquire about it .. how’s the new one ?

Reactions: AudiNutta
Ask me 9.30 tomorrow.........

Actually really looking forward to it - more so than the last pickup. I think that it is the unknown of how it is going to look - not sure I have seen a panther black car. It is kind of like getting stuck into the prezzies under the Christmas tree - all the more fun when the contents are unknown!

Reactions: AudiNutta and leonwilliams

Actually really looking forward to it - more so than the last pickup. I think that it is the unknown of how it is going to look - not sure I have seen a panther black car. It is kind of like getting stuck into the prezzies under the Christmas tree - all the more fun when the contents are unknown!
It's been a journey mate. Probably didn't think you would get to the end also not knowing what the outcome would be. Now you be sitting pretty with that inner glow and broad smile. Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Got confused with the bank holiday, thought it was Saturday !!!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3

Might be worth a bottle of wine to your guy at Audi, whilst it’s been a difficult journey they have certainly pulled it out the bag for you.

Looking forward to a pic or 2.