Are we still suffering from previous oil pickup issues?

Gm95

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently got back into Audi after a stint of using dull company cars. I've picked myself up a 2.0 TFSI which I love and has been great so far.
Last night I went to drive out somewhere and after about a minute, I got an Oil Pressure warning on the screen. It stayed on for about 15-30 seconds as I turned it around and tried to get it back home because I hadn't got far. Once I got home, the warning came on again but only stayed on for about 5 seconds.

I'm wondering whether these TFSI engines still suffer from the oil pickup pipe issues that I remember from the 1.8T I had in an 8L before?

Thanks in advance.

I'm afraid the A/S3 8P also suffers from Oil Pickup Pipe issues, we've lost a few engines on here purely down to this unfortunately. So I would definitely get this changed along with some good quality oil, PN 06F 115 251 A.

Reactions: S.
I'm afraid the A/S3 8P also suffers from Oil Pickup Pipe issues, we've lost a few engines on here purely down to this unfortunately. So I would definitely get this changed along with some good quality oil, PN 06F 115 251 A.

Some things never change! Thanks for the advice, I've got a cam belt change planned this weekend so I'll add pickup pipe onto the list of 'While I'm at it'.

Reactions: HHS3
I have had issues with this and its not the pick up pipe that the problem. The pick up pipe does it job by stopping all the s*!t getting to rest of the engine. Not really worth replacing it, just clean it.
I would also strongly recommend an EDT Engine Treatment (see this link for details - plenty of places do it - http://www.millersgarage.co.uk/edt-engine-treatment/) this was the only thing that sorted my problem out, I dropped my sump 3 times and cleaned the pick up pipe and even after that whenever I changed the oil filter there were hundreds of black bits caught in it. Now when I change it, it spotless. well worth it in my opinion.