2015 A3 1.4 TFSI Rear Wiring Loom

twodogron

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the A3 Sportback rear wiring loom has the 12v boot accessory socket wiring installed from the time of manufacture please. My A3 hasn't got a rear accessory socket in the boot but I'd like to easily fit one without running wiring, if that's possible !!

I managed to salvage some rear boot parts including the 12v socket, checked wiring and its not there. If you know what your doing you can tap into the wiring and make your own. GL

Thanks for that Schizophonic, sorry to say I wouldn't have the necessary knowledge to tap into a wiring loom, probably set the thing on fire !!
I was lead to believe, for economic reasons that Audi fit "common" rear wiring looms to suit varying specifications, models and user requirements, they then tap off and connect the required circuits at the time of vehicle assembly, that would make sense since they have so many models and specifications surely they wouldn't have a separate loom for each variation.......... would they ?
For instance, I believe that the same basic MMI is fitted into almost every new Audi but it is only initialised to the degree of sophistication the buyer is willing to pay at time of order, as I found out when I paid £500 extra for the "built-in" SatNav SD Card to be initialised on my new A3, and then a year or so later the Audi Agency (no names, no pack drill) asked me for another £400 to update the system simply because I complained that the SatNav information was, on 4 previous occasions, completely inaccurate for our local region !!!

Whether you are right or not about the MMI prigramming I don't know, but the SD sat nav is not mmi related. Your £500 paid for the card, the initialisation with the Audi central system and labour.
No doubt the followup charge was map updates.