Brake Calliper Upgrades...?

Bigdave982

Reaction score
Advice here if anyone can help...?

So I fancy upgrading the front brake callipers on my 2012 A4 TFSI Quattro.
I think I have the 320mm discs and the original single pit callipers. Though there is nothing wrong with the system and it works just fine I want fit 4 or 6 pot upgrades.

I was wondering if the old Brembo callipers from the MK1 Seat Leon Cupra R would fit, they are a 320mm disc system but I've no idea about the calliper hangers etc.

Has anyone done an upgrade?
I'm not looking to spend £2,500 + on an aftermarket system I really don't need it..

Reactions: CHEZ
Have you tried with good pads? Like EBC Red stuff for instance. Since you don't have a racer or a track car, you really don't need anything else.

Reactions: Bigdave982
I upgraded my callipers to 4 pot brembos from a 2014 Q5.
Bolt on easy to do and uses the same size disc.
Only problem is that they rarely come up second hand, but not overly expensive brand new I believe from tps
They have massively improved the breaking from what it was.

Have you tried with good pads? Like EBC Red stuff for instance. Since you don't have a racer or a track car, you really don't need anything else.
I've got Brembo pads in there currently as an OE upgrade, and they're very good.
I guess I'm just looking for racier look, I use to own a Cupra R and loved the brakes on that hence the question if anyone has fitted them, they're 4 pot of course and being Brembo very reliable.

I upgraded my callipers to 4 pot brembos from a 2014 Q5.
Bolt on easy to do and uses the same size disc.
Only problem is that they rarely come up second hand, but not overly expensive brand new I believe from tps
They have massively improved the breaking from what it was.

Do you know the part number so I can search for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get yourself a remap and fit redstuff pads to your standard calipers. More than adequate if not going on a trackday!

The way 4 pots work over a standard sliding caliper is so much of an improvement.
On mine, they were starting to look tired too being cast iron.
Even after hamerite they would start to get rusty in a year.
The Q5 4 pots are aluminium, though I did give them a lick of silver hamerite and some brembo decals, and they look alright too, and will never rust.
I don't track my car, but the modulation in breaking is fantastic, proper pedal feel which is reassuring.
I was going to upgrade to bigger S4/5 365mm discs but for the simplicity involved and the stealth, I am well happy.
Just to clarify, I went for the smaller 320mm version not the bigger version and have no problem other than I wish they filled my wheel better!
Also because they are a generic brembo pad pattern, a multitude of pads can be fitted from mitsubishi, subaru etc if you want to play with pad compounds

The way 4 pots work over a standard sliding caliper is so much of an improvement.
On mine, they were starting to look tired too being cast iron.
Even after hamerite they would start to get rusty in a year.
The Q5 4 pots are aluminium, though I did give them a lick of silver hamerite and some brembo decals, and they look alright too, and will never rust.
I don't track my car, but the modulation in breaking is fantastic, proper pedal feel which is reassuring.
I was going to upgrade to bigger S4/5 365mm discs but for the simplicity involved and the stealth, I am well happy.
Just to clarify, I went for the smaller 320mm version not the bigger version and have no problem other than I wish they filled my wheel better!
Also because they are a generic brembo pad pattern, a multitude of pads can be fitted from mitsubishi, subaru etc if you want to play with pad compounds

Get yourself a remap and fit redstuff pads to your standard calipers. More than adequate if not going on a trackday!

I've got Brembo pads in there currently as an OE upgrade, and they're very good.
I guess I'm just looking for racier look, I use to own a Cupra R and loved the brakes on that hence the question if anyone has fitted them, they're 4 pot of course and being Brembo very reliable.

I couldn't agree more, my reasons for changing are essentially the same. I have taken my car around the Nurburgring but as I'm not there to set times I just enjoyed the chance to drive around there place. It's the look I want more than anything, but the added bite of 4 pots would be great. Like I say my old Cupra R has fantastic brakes so I'd be happy to match it