What's this inside my door?

jonS3

Reaction score
was changing the window runner clips today so thought i'd take a pic of this as i'd noticed it before

It's a small battery on top of some kind of module. Its all connected up but i had to disconnect all the wiring to take out the door frame

think its something to with the alarm? it definitly not factory fit at all, whereas i know the alarm is

dscf0235ip4.jpg

does your car have a tracker or might be a back up battery for a aftermarket alarm?

hi mate the red unit below the battery is the tracker unit, i would say that is the backup tracker battery incase the vehicle battery was disconnected but it looks way too big. obiously not fitted by audi as fitment there is not permitted incase of accident, you never know if the subscription is still valid you could have a copper come knocking soon! lol

yes it did have a tracker dealer fitted when new! Looks a bit of a bodge fit to be honest. It's now disconnected so I thought i'd see if there was any obvious side effects if I left it like this and only thing i can see is that when you lock the car the indicators don't flash...

I had to cut 5 of the wires to get the door frame out as whoever fitted it routed the cables the wrong way :wacko:

Hi mate

From what i've been told deal fitted trackers are done by an outside company not audi, thats why it looks a bit of a botch. Do you not want to get it workin again. If not disconect the unit and sell on ebay, battery shouldn't make any difference and looks like its soldered down.

i may as well leave it in there just in case the next owner wants to activate it