Single mass flywheel conversion 2.5 TDI AKE Quattro FTM 6-speed

Schokomanu

Reaction score
Hello, I would like to do a smf conversion on my Audi a4 b6 Quattro 2.5tdi V6.
All I found are kits for the older 110 kW v6 engines.
Does this smf flywheel fits my 132 kW ake engine with 6-speed Quattro (gearbox code: FTM) too?
Are there any Audi / VW OEM parts I can use?
I've searched the internet for the last few weeks, but didn't find concrete answers to my questions.
All I found out, that there may fit a smf flywheel from audi 100 2.5tdi. But this threat suddenly stopped years ago.

Thanks for your help in advance. If any information is missing, please tell me.

Gesendet von meinem VKY-L09 mit Tapatalk

Somewhere in the depths of my memory i seem to recall a couple of people doing this conversion & wished they hadn't. made the car terrible to drive.

A friend of mine made a conversion to smf on a 1.9tdi and the engine is running impeccable.

Unfortunately I have neither found a kit yet, nor anyone who knows which single mass flywheel fits my car

Gesendet von meinem VKY-L09 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
They have DMF’s for a reason, and should be kept as such.

Last edited:
Reactions: DieselJake
Agreed - I had a SMF on my 1.9 TDI A3 and if I ever get another one I'll cam the ****** and go lightened flywheel because I'll strip the interior and it'll weigh 1000kg.
But it rattled a bit and needed little blips to smooth it out in idle situations and I understand they progress especially lightened. The V6 is a different driving experience and I appreciate the smoothness.