A3 8P wiper blades dimensions

Filke

Reaction score
Hello mates,

After looking at official Audi catalog (search by VIN number) I've found that front wiper blades are 8P1 955 425 H (left 600mm) and 8P1 955 426 H (right 484mm) and rear wiper blade is 8E9 955 425 C (couldn't find length)

Confusion started when I tried to find Bosch of Valeo OEM alternatives.
Everywhere I've looked (search by VIN number) I've got Bosch or Valeo wiper blades models with different dimensions (length) than genuine ones. Bosch front blades are 600mm and 475mm, so 9mm shorter, and Bosch rear blade is 340mm.

What's the catch? Why aftermarket blades have different dimensions than genuine ones?

the a3 has a missed section on the windscreen in the shape of a shark fin. I used the suggestion on this forum to purchase the Q7 passenger blade and place it on the A3 drivers side and now no shark fin. just some info that you may like...or not

Hello mates,

After looking at official Audi catalog (search by VIN number) I've found that front wiper blades are 8P1 955 425 H (left 600mm) and 8P1 955 426 H (right 484mm) and rear wiper blade is 8E9 955 425 C (couldn't find length)

Confusion started when I tried to find Bosch of Valeo OEM alternatives.
Everywhere I've looked (search by VIN number) I've got Bosch or Valeo wiper blades models with different dimensions (length) than genuine ones. Bosch front blades are 600mm and 475mm, so 9mm shorter, and Bosch rear blade is 340mm.

What's the catch? Why aftermarket blades have different dimensions than genuine ones?
Does the box they come in not tell what type off car the blades would fit or the description in the Ebay item not do the same or am i only dreaming
:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

Does the box they come in not tell what type off car the blades would fit or the description in the Ebay item not do the same or am i only dreaming
:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

Yes, on the box are written all the car models that would fit those blades and among them Audi A3 8p 9.04 -03.13 but that's not the point.

Point is that original genuine blades dimensions are different than aftermatket blades that are suggested by Audi and sold by Bosch and Valeo like replacement part! Difference in length isn't small, Bosch and Valeo passenger blade is 9mm shorter and rear blade is 10mm longer!

the a3 has a missed section on the windscreen in the shape of a shark fin. I used the suggestion on this forum to purchase the Q7 passenger blade and place it on the A3 drivers side and now no shark fin. just some info that you may like...or not

Q7 passenger blade length is 500mm, so if aftermarket Bosch blade with 475mm fits I guess Audi predicted ±15mm difference in length.
Nevertheless it is better longer wiper blade, it will do better wiping...

L
Yes, on the box are written all the car models that would fit those blades and among them Audi A3 8p 9.04 -03.13 but that's not the point.

Point is that original genuine blades dimensions are different than aftermatket blades that are suggested by Audi and sold by Bosch and Valeo like replacement part! Difference in length isn't small, Bosch and Valeo passenger blade is 9mm shorter and rear blade is 10mm longer!
Well surely what you lose on 1 you gain on another .
:salute::salute::salute:

Would the drivers side fit, being 500mm too, with the Q7 passenger one? Not sure if the pin is central on the blade?

d62e94a4a811f18d7ef8101612de65c2.heic

This is the passenger q7 in the drivers A3 position. Fits just right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk