Coolant flush

How much to mix depends on your area temperatures, read on the bottle.

I used the 1ltr VAG coolant, a whole bottle and rest water till full.

To empty the coolant there is a screw on the passenger side under the radiator. Unscrew it and open the lid on the coolant reservoir.

Ah thanks for that, so really need to see what the mixing quantities are on the bottle then

Dont think it would hurt to put too much in would it?

cheers mate, did this today, didnt get a lot of water out so over the next few days im gonna keep draining off what i can from the drain plug and keep topping up with antifreeze/coolant, next week hopefully doing a full service, oil, air filter, fuel filter and plugs then hopefully a remap off the missus for chrimbo lol

Must be doing something wrong then, when i open the valve under the radiator and then the resorvouir cap it comes all out in seconds

Sent fra min PLK-L01 via Tapatalk

yeah i did that, but i just had one side of the car up on the kerb so i could get under maybe thats why i didnt get a lot out, probably got about 1.5 litres out, doesnt matter though as ive left the undertray off and will just keep draining it off over the next few days and get it topped up lol

I didn't get much out from mine if you do this when the engine is cold - because the thermostat is shut - if you are going to use a chemical coolant flush it will need to be hot before you let it out next time.

I didn't actually use a flush, should i have? Might give it another go, but i have managed to get 2 litres of concentrated coolant in by just opening the valve and draining it again lol