S3 8V - Camera-based traffic sign recognition

oli356

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently bought an S3 8V and have noticed that the camera based traffic sign recognition (speed signs) works badly... It no longer shows up on the sat nav screen but on the driver disply screen but is wrong like half the time.

It sometimes recognises temporary roadwork signs and changes the speed but then might never change back....
I was on a road yesterday, its a 40mph but was reading as a 60. I drive into work which is a 25mph, I go past the sign and it changes to 20. It just seems very inaccurate. When driving down a road past a smaller sign (the ones that remind you what the limit is) it never seems to change here also, only on the initial large sign as you enter the new speed limit

On my old A3 8v without the camera, unless the speed limit had recently been changed or there were temporay signs, then it was correct like 90% of the time.

I guess there isn't any way to disable the camera recognition so it just uses the speed that is stored or learned from GPS or however it works?

Not the end of the world but annoying... Equally I have to login to Audi Connect every single time I use the car which makes it basically useless...