Best wax for a flat paint

Jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Reaction score
As the title says l am need of a wax for my new car, something that's easily applied and removed with little residue and quick curing especially at this time of year, it's just for the interim, as l am going to get the car ceramic coated and the front covered in xpel

Ps not paying more than £60 lol

Collinite is great for the winter.

Reactions: daytonamart and Jassyo06
I’ve been looking at wax over the past few weeks mate. Waiting on bilt hamber finis wax to arrive. little tester pot for less than 15 notes la. Decent reveiws easy to apply and buff.

Reactions: Jassyo06
As the title says l am need of a wax for my new car, something that's easily applied and removed with little residue and quick curing especially at this time of year, it's just for the interim, as l am going to get the car ceramic coated and the front covered in xpel

Farecla G3 wax is easy on and off and comes with the applicator sponge around £27. Buffs off with a MF with no hassle.

Lower budget: FK1000p (cheap and hardwearing)
Higher budget: Swissvax Mirage (probably wasted for winter though)

Reactions: scotty76 and Jassyo06
Reactions: Djs3saloon and Jassyo06
@jassyo06

you won't go wrong with any of the waxes from here & @Bristle Hound will hopefully back me up :yes:

http://www.obsessionwax.com/

Have a read through all the types of waxes & pick one which you think suits your needs best.

http://www.obsessionwax.com/waxes/

I've tried most of them and they are all excellent.

I won't use any other brand now.
Yeah mate was looking at them last night, l liked the one you can customise to suit yourself, l will get some thing special probably for Xmas looking at the kamikaze hybrid wax that contains carnauba wax and ceramic coating in one, think l will just go with a few pot samples from dodo juice as l need the kit for the weekend as the weather up here is going to start getting colder

Reactions: Djs3saloon and Snake Pliskin
Yeah mate was looking at them last night, l liked the one you can customise to suit yourself, l will get some thing special probably for Xmas looking at the kamikaze hybrid wax that contains carnauba wax and ceramic coating in one, think l will just go with a few pot samples from dodo juice as l need the kit for the weekend as the weather up here is going to start getting colder

I’ve got the customised wax from Obsession Wax. Fantastic wax, can’t fault it. I got the limited edition Phantom infused with Si02. Love it!

How much was this kit mate

Was £85, I got it a deep purple colour and smelling of bubble gum because why not:tearsofjoy:
It would of been cheaper if I didn’t customise it.
Not sure if he’s still selling the Si02 infused one but if you email him he’d be more than happy to answer any questions.
Was another reason I ordered from Obsession Wax as well as the recommendation from @Bristle Hound

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Jassyo06

@jassyo06 - As your looking at an interim treatment prior to a full Pro Detail I would advise using like a Ceramic/Si02 QD
I would recommend Infinity Wax's QDx
https://www.infinitywax.com/infinity-wax-qdx-ceramic-quick-detailer-500ml.html

Check out their Facebook page as Mike the owner, often post's some decent discount codes up on there
I got a bottle of QDx but haven't got round to using it yet
May well my winter 'go to' QD

If you must have a ceramic/Si02 infused wax my wee scotch friend, check out Detailing World (if you dare) as there is plenty of these type of waxes popping up all the time
@jassyo06

you won't go wrong with any of the waxes from here & @Bristle Hound will hopefully back me up :yes:

http://www.obsessionwax.com/

Have a read through all the types of waxes & pick one which you think suits your needs best.

http://www.obsessionwax.com/waxes/

I've tried most of them and they are all excellent.

I won't use any other brand now.
Like @Snake Pliskin I'm a huge fan of Obsession Wax
Can't recommend Jay's products enough

I particularly like Evolution V2, but like Sanke says there ain't a bad 'un

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
heard a lot of good things about collinite 845? cheap enough

Few good winter waxes are good old Collinite 466s/915 or the 845 any are good, Bilt Hamber double speed wax is also a great long lasting winter wax, i use this over winter the most as it last for months and very cheap, comes as a kit for £15 i think it is retail, if you're looking for a great caranuba wax use Raceglaze Signature 55, one coat will last for 6 months (subjective or washing & use)

Reactions: daytonamart and Jassyo06
Few good winter waxes are good old Collinite 466s/915 or the 845 any are good, Bilt Hamber double speed wax is also a great long lasting winter wax, i use this over winter the most as it last for months and very cheap, comes as a kit for £15 i think it is retail, if you're looking for a great caranuba wax use Raceglaze Signature 55, one coat will last for 6 months (subjective or washing & use)
Do any of these cure quickly mate?

Yeah they all do mate, I tend to do half of the car at a time with them then remove it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m liking the sound of the Evolution V2, but I see they also have this wax but with some Si02 - what benefits does this give?

Any decisions on your product of choice yet @jassyo06 ?

Well since l get paid on a fortnightly bases..... This Friday.... Lol l see ultimatefinish. Are doing a 10% off so I may buy a out and out ceramic coating with EXO 3 give it to a detailer and get my car done or go with the Kamikaze wax with the Si02 thingy me bob stuff.....my paint work does need some mild correction before l apply anything l could get myself a da polisher but l have nowhere to do this properly....... No garage

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Reactions: Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
@Radford212 @Bristle Hound do you know if Obsession ever does any discount offers....even Black Friday deals on their waxes?

Just got this email from obsession wax regarding Black Friday

Black Friday is coming!
Friday 24th November 2017 - Black Friday.

We have some great deals coming up on Black Friday with up to 50% off on loads of products.

We will have buy one get one free on all sample waxes.

Buy oneget one free on 500ml bottles.

Massive deals on larger Waxes.

Starting midnight on Thursday 23rd and running for 5 days.

Reactions: scotty76 and SPIKE_

Black Friday is coming!

We have some great deals coming up on Black Friday with up to 50% off on loads of products.

Happy days....thanks for that.

Yeah, some Evo V2 will be purchased very shortly, and then I can blame our resident detailer if I don’t like it lol :busted cop:

Reactions: Bristle Hound and scotty76
Evo V2 ordered, and got extra 10% of since it was my first order! £31.50 delivered is a complete baragain.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Bristle Hound and Radford212
Evo V2 ordered, and got extra 10% of since it was my first order! £31.50 delivered is a complete baragain.

Same, I added a sample pot of hybrid 86 which was bogof and some pre wax cleaner for £49.95

Bad dog! Now I'm shopping waxes. 2 for 1 sample pots. Love trying new stuff, must resist. :D
@scotty76 - lol
Yeah, some Evo V2 will be purchased very shortly, and then I can blame our resident detailer if I don’t like it lol :busted cop:
@SPIKE_S1 - If you don't like it I'll have it off you for £20 ;)
But I can't see that happening TBH lol

PS Believe it or not I haven't ordered any detailing gear this black friday, yet

Reactions: Jassyo06 and SPIKE_
@scotty76 - lol

@SPIKE_S1 - If you don't like it I'll have it off you for £20 ;)
But I can't see that happening TBH lol

PS Believe it or not I haven't ordered any detailing gear this yet

Haha.....I have a funny feeling that I will be liking this wax!

I bet by the end of the weekend you’ve made a purchase or two.....you can’t resist. :smile new:

Damn you @SPIKE_S1 !
Just ordered a 500ml bottle Wax-Planet Poly Gloss gloss enhancing detail spray

Yes, yes you were right. I couldn't resist lol

Reactions: SPIKE_

Black Friday is coming!

I ordered some of these on the Black Friday deals on the 26th of November, still not arrived

Well l am gonna ditch waxing the car, so that unopened R222 concours wax is redundant, l know for a fact ultimate finish do a 10% off after the new year, so l am gonna go large with the Kamikaze myabi clear coat plus over coat, l am also researching back plates and pads 3/6 inch sizes and polishes for the rotary polisher l got for my birthday
Going to take up this machine polishing thing as wee hobby lol

Reactions: MattSedg and SPIKE_