The stress of owning an S3

Wxmchris

Reaction score
Ive only posted on here a couple of times ‘worrying over the colour ‘ of my new S3.
Worrying over the colour is nothing compared to worrying over my house !
After taking my brand new S3 Saloon last month , it’s taken them 4 weeks to break in to my house to get the keys. Luckily I disturbed them . My wife is now a nervous wreck at night . I live nowhere near a city and it’s a nice quiet area . So how do they know so soon where you are ? I’ve been told that it could be an inside job of some sorts. These people are getting the info on where to look from source’s inside , could this be right ?

Reactions: Joe4842 and David McQueen
It’s highly unlikely to be an inside job as such.

There are two possibilities:

1. You were spotted and followed home.
2. Someone has put a portable tracker on the car when it was parked up, and used that to find out where you are.

Check the car, just like in the movies. You can buy these things from eBay for under £20.....

Reactions: richinsoton, Audi Bairn and David McQueen
wow....so sorry to hear this mate....really sucks
I doubt its as conspiratorial as that....you must just live in an area where these scumbags cruise around looking for cars such as yours and they saw it by chance when you had just got it....thankfully neither you or your wife are hurt....any news on whether the car was found yet?

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
That’s sucks *** man sorry to hear have you thought about putting a code on the car so even if they get the keys there is a sequence of buttons you have to press your choice before you can even start the engine I did this also put cameras outside my house but I live in the uk don’t if you can get a similar service by you good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow....so sorry to hear this mate....really sucks
I doubt its as conspiratorial as that....you must just live in an area where these scumbags cruise around looking for cars such as yours and they saw it by chance when you had just got it....thankfully neither you or your wife are hurt....any news on whether the car was found yet?
They never got the car. I came down as they were getting in thru the kitchen window ! So they scarpered

Reactions: Audi Bairn
That’s sucks *** man sorry to hear have you thought about putting a code on the car so even if they get the keys there is a sequence of buttons you have to press your choice before you can even start the engine I did this also put cameras outside my house but I live in the uk don’t if you can get a similar service by you good luck

I’ve bought a disklock for steering wheel. Getting cameras put up. New windows all around , new lighting , the list goes on !!

Reactions: AudiNutta, Djs3saloon, Audi Bairn and 3 others
I’ve bought a disklock for steering wheel. Getting cameras put up. New windows all around , new lighting , the list goes on !!

Damn all this to protect the precious beast

Same happened to me 18 months ago.....caught them breaking in....after l secured all windows and doors with anti theft mechanisms.....it came to about £180....now for them to break in again they have to smash glass......the last thing they want to do,they cant....prize open any window or door....like they done twice before,the first time was for my Focus ST3.....I know in my 2 occasions it was the same group of neds who patrol rural housing estates to steal cars...they where eventually caught,but there's always another bunch of neds ready to take there place.....just be more vigilant

Reactions: Joe4842, richinsoton, David McQueen and 2 others
Make sure all your locks on upvc doors etc are 'anti-snap' also consider a disclok as a visible deterent

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: richinsoton and Jassyo06
Same happened to me 18 months ago.....caught them breaking in....after l secured all windows and doors with anti theft mechanisms.....it came to about £180....now for them to break in again they have to smash glass......the last thing they want to do,they cant....prize open any window or door....like they done twice before,the first time was for my Focus ST3.....I know in my 2 occasions it was the same group of neds who patrol rural housing estates to steal cars...they where eventually caught,but there's always another bunch of neds ready to take there place.....just be more vigilant

Haven't seen ned's used since the film lol

Reactions: David McQueen and Jassyo06
You buy internal door jams that simply screw on to the internal door and window facia,that's what l fitted,all you do at night is just turn them 45 degrees and they cant burst the door open even if they bust the door locks

Reactions: S32B
Also l will add this,the past 2 weeks l have been S3 less as l sold it,since then l have felt more relaxed going to bed....found it quite liberating,but it stays in your subconscious once its happened to you

Reactions: richinsoton and Audi Bairn
You buy internal door jams that simply screw on to the internal door and window facia,that's what l fitted,all you do at night is just turn them 45 degrees and they cant burst the door open even if they bust the door locks

Got a link at all James?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Tom look up sash jammers...can be fitted to both doors and windows

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Tom.H and Jassyo06
Literally felt the weight being lifted off my shoulders when I got my GAP cover in place but hey, let them try get in.. there will be a big shock waiting for them.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Djs3saloon and Audi Bairn
Literally felt the weight being lifted off my shoulders when I got my GAP cover in place but hey, let them try get in.. there will be a big shock waiting for them.

Shockaroony....Have you electrified......the car keys.....lol

Reactions: Joe4842, AudiNutta, azibux1 and 2 others
Amazon product

these work pretty weel for doors ive fitted them to previous houses, keep meaning to fit them on our back door. I do have avocet anti snap locks throughout the house which i fitted myself after measuring them in the upvc doors.

one thing dont do what my neighbour did, he drilled these sash jammers on the door and popped the glass as he drilled straight in it

Used to have mate,Amazon sell them...there PVC coated and blend in well with the Pvc/hardwood fascia

Are they really strong enough to stop a door being put through? Many opening windows and doors in this house.

Are they really strong enough to stop a door being put through? Many opening windows and doors in this house.
Strong enough to discourage car thieves mate they would need physically burst the doors and windows, car thieves want easy access and egress and never leave the house keys in the locks because they take them and lock the door behind them thus locking you in the house so you can't ubstruct them stealing yer car

Strong enough to discourage car thieves mate they would need physically burst the doors and windows, car thieves want easy access and egress and never leave the house keys in the locks because they take them and lock the door behind them thus locking you in the house so you can't ubstruct them stealing yer car

I bought some sash locks a couple of months back but they were cheapies off of eBay, they were yellow by the time they turned up haha.

Reactions: David McQueen, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
I've not had a dream for the past 2 years or so. Until I got my car, I had a 'nightmare' that it was stolen, the thieves came back three times and tried to kill me for it.

And second last night it got stolen and I managed to find it with my tracker, but then it got stolen again the day after and I woke up.

But to me I love the car and it's the only reason I work so hard.

We had 5 lads try and brake in a few days before my S3 arrived and my GTI wasn't even there just my dads Tiguan. My dad was going to the toilet at the time and managed to be out the front door before they got in. Chased him down the road in his underpants, that's enough to scare away any criminal.

Theirs no way into the back garden, all front windows aren't open able. We have two overly bright security lights running up the drive. The garage door has a giant metal bar behind it. The front doors pretty damn secure and we shut the gates now which aren't secure but sure make a jingling sound (enough to wake us up). The bottom line is, if you want to get in the house you can, same as any house. But you can't get in without making any noise, that allows us to try and scare them.

We've got a few other tricks in the pipeline too which I wont share ;)

Reactions: Djs3saloon, David McQueen, richinsoton and 2 others
Assuming the first three chars of your username mean what I think it does, you are not too far from me. I take it you are not in town from your posts so are you NSE or W of it?

Houses are being broken into all day every day. If you are turning your houses into a fortress because of the car you drive, then heaven help us. How can you enjoy owning something which is turning you paranoid. If someone wanted the keys to my car I would let them have them, as long as I never got it back.

Reactions: S32B
Ive only posted on here a couple of times ‘worrying over the colour ‘ of my new S3.
Worrying over the colour is nothing compared to worrying over my house !
After taking my brand new S3 Saloon last month , it’s taken them 4 weeks to break in to my house to get the keys. Luckily I disturbed them . My wife is now a nervous wreck at night . I live nowhere near a city and it’s a nice quiet area . So how do they know so soon where you are ? I’ve been told that it could be an inside job of some sorts. These people are getting the info on where to look from source’s inside , could this be right ?
Check out this mate...on my list when i get the new car, under £400 fitted!

That’s a good idea but have you thought about it. So these scumbags break into your house and you don’t want your family put in harms way so you hand over the keys. They go to your car and can’t start it because they need the code, so they come back in and beat the code out of you. Some systems allow the vehicle to be driven away for a few miles then stop. Now these charming gentlemen usually travel around in a car so just drive back and start on you. Now you may of course be relying on the police to turn up, well good luck with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: David McQueen
That’s a good idea but have you thought about it. So these scumbags break into your house and you don’t want your family put in harms way so you hand over the keys. They go to your car and can’t start it because they need the code, so they come back in and beat the code out of you. Some systems allow the vehicle to be driven away for a few miles then stop. Now these charming gentlemen usually travel around in a car so just drive back and start on you. Now you may of course be relying on the police to turn up, well good luck with that.
Let's just say I know how to look after myself, I would never go looking for trouble, but I wouldn't run away either ;)

They don't need to get in the house anyway! If they get into your car with modern tech and they can't start it, they are very brave to stick around! They are after a quick in and away. They wouldn't know why it's not starting an may put it down to something they have done wrong.

In the news today, they didn't even break in! They just extended the range of the key which was inside the house to start the car!!! The Ghost system even with the key can't be started.