Quick and easy leather wipes?

cyhliu

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on a leather cleaner that comes as wipes preferably, baby takes up quite a bit of my time at the moment so not able to spend as much time as I would like to cleaning the car.

Would be handy to have wipes as I can use it for any spills or just to give it a quick clean. Was thinking baby wipes, seen as we seem to have a vast stock of them and if they are good enough for a baby's bottom, surely it can't be harmful to leather seats!

Lots of posh stuff on the market containing chemicals that smell a bit like leather. Those Wilkinson's leather wipes look good and I'm sure that baby wipes would work fine as they are good for wiping over domestic paintwork. Leather cleans up well with water and Dove soap following by a nice coating of E45 cream (as allegedly used by Aston Martin trimmers) :whistle2::chuncky:

Reactions: paul wev and Sandra
I agree, I've seen some of videos too, however it never seems to inspire me to go to the same lengths when detailing my car!

Thanks for the suggestions, does the Dr Leather leave a matt finish?

@Retroman not sure to take you seriously, Dove soap and E45 cream? Does that mean I should be using L'oreal...because she's worth it?

Reactions: V6_Man
I agree, I've seen some of videos too, however it never seems to inspire me to go to the same lengths when detailing my car!

Thanks for the suggestions, does the Dr Leather leave a matt finish?

@Retroman not sure to take you seriously, Dove soap and E45 cream? Does that mean I should be using L'oreal...because she's worth it?
Dr Leather does leave a matt finish. Highly recommended for ease of use

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Deadly serious about Dove and E45 :chuncky: The matt finish is maintained by keeping the leather clean - it gets dirty and goes shiny. Wipes which just contain silicone are useless and do not nourish the leather. Leather condition/nourishment and suppleness is maintained by applying similar moisturisers as those used on human skin - something like lanolin is particularly good. Oil of Ulay would work well as well :glee:

Reactions: scotty76, paul wev and sve170
Deadly serious about Dove and E45 :chuncky: The matt finish is maintained by keeping the leather clean - it gets dirty and goes shiny. Wipes which just contain silicone are useless and do not nourish the leather. Leather condition/nourishment and suppleness is maintained by applying similar moisturisers as those used on human skin - something like lanolin is particularly good. Oil of Ulay would work well as well :glee:
Most modern automotive leather is coated so there is no longer any need to condition it as all you will be doing is laying the conditioner on top of plastic. All this does is attract dirt which as stated above makes it go shiny.

You need to find out what type of leather you have i.e. coated or uncoated to make sure you are using the correct treatment

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

So if they are coated with plastic you just need to power wash them down? :haha: :redface new:

Audi sells leather stuff which they claim "impregnates" the leather :wub:

The big tub would last ages....what are the chances of them drying out in the tub?

I've bought plastic packet stuff before and before I got halfway through they were dry!
@S32B - I've had around 6 packets and never had any dry out in the packet, yet lol
I keep mine in a tub in the understairs cupboard

Reactions: paul wev and S32B