Headlining change

liam1711spear

Reaction score
Anyone got a how to on changing the headlining? Or any tips? Got all the pillars to change aswell just don’t know where to start,
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically you take all the seats out, then the grab handles and sun visors, lights etc. Then you have to remove all the interior panels from the bottom up as everything overlaps.

So sill trims out, then all rear panels in the boot, then the rear side panels if it’s a 3door.

That gets you to the pillar trims which are next then you can get the roof trim down and out of the car to the rear.

All the trims are held in by poppers, you really need a set of plastic prise tools to minimise damage and broken clips, but you will break a few if your unlucky.

The tools and poppers are all cheap on eBay.

You also don’t want to be too scared of breaking stuff, be forceful but careful one panel at a time working form one corner then round etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s a good days job, do some research, try and get the Audi manual which shows how, I have the pdfs for a three door if you want to send email by PM. 5 door won’t be much different probably a bit easier but same method

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes if you could send my the PDF’s that would be really appreciated, I’ll pm you my email address, thanks for the help and advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk