Slimdevices Squeezebox

rowansbank

Reaction score
Anyone else got one of these great set-ups for playing networked audio?

Yeah I've got one. It's great, streams all the MP3's from my computer into the stereo in the lounge. Also the internet radio and Pandora services are pretty cool.

Agreed! I have all my music on a NAS running SlimServer so I don't need the PC running and I stream via wireless. Only problem I have is with the AlienBBC radio - when I run the 'listen again' programs, the signal drops at random and you can't get back to the break. No doubt this is a broadband problem but when I listen via the BBC website, the program just picks up again where it left off. Do you have any problems with your setup?

THese are great I run 3 in my house 1 first gen slimd and 2 Squeeze V3's
They are great

I got a Nokia N80 and use it to control them

Marmite, what software do you have on your N80 to control this? I've been wanting to do something similar for a while.

AndyCollins said:
Marmite, what software do you have on your N80 to control this? I've been wanting to do something similar for a while.

N80 is Wi-Fi so you can local host on it, screen size is good so using the SlimD interface is not much of a prob

I use a Acer Tablet the rest of the time to run it, great when you have a party everyone just picks there tunes and the playlist grows and grows