A5 3.0TDi Dyno mode?

OzA5Tdi

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a trick to running my 2009/10 A5 3.0tdi coupe on a 4wd dyno?
I cannot get the ESP/traction/EDL stuff to leave me alone.
I have pressed and held the ESP button which is supposed to disable ASR and ESP let and it still intervenes when trying do a power run
I have tried unplugging abs sensors .. 1,2 and 4 ... all combinations ... Either has no effect (1 x front sensor only) or abs faults out entirely ... if it does that I can do a power run it shuts me down at 3100rpm..
same as unplugging the ABS module completely at the pump
I have tried having the vag com connected to the ABS module ... same effect as killing abs totally
I have it on our 4wd Dynapack hub dyno ... it doesn't appear to have different wheel speeds left to right.
There is plenty of YouTube vids of people running these o rolling road dynos successfully ... any ideas anyone

When I first took my car to MRC to run it on the dyno they had issues as the ESP kept interfering. This was resolved by completely unplugging the ABS module. The dash looked like a christmas tree but the car then did what it should do. They said that these cars were very sensitive to differences in the front and rear roller speeds and cars producing a lot of torque made it difficult for the dyno to control the roller speeds.
My car is a manual. Is yours manual or auto?. As this would probably add another layer of problems if it was an auto.
When I have taken my car to Ricks he hasn't had any issues on his 4WD dyno at all.

mines an auto .. unplugging the ABS results in a run that shuts me down at 3100 rpm ... no traction / esp bulshit but can't rev it out ... I do see the difference in speed front to rear and I'm sure that's what the electronics is trying to deal with ... not a lot of diffference left of right in speeds.
Hub dyno .. great and accurate but sometimes a PITA!
Wishing when Audi says disabled they actually meant disabled !!! What's the point in having the button if if doesn't actually disable it!!!