S5 Puddle lights

tonyrandl

Reaction score
I picked up my new S5 on Friday and I noticed that the puddle lights are the 4 rings, are they standard? Reason I ask is that I found a box in the glovebox with what appears to be regular puddle lights.

I picked up my new S5 on Friday and I noticed that the puddle lights are the 4 rings, are they standard? Reason I ask is that I found a box in the glovebox with what appears to be regular puddle lights.

Hi

Was your new car a vehicle from stock by any chance. If so it's likely to have been a dealer swap out before pick up for you to bring a MY17 car up to a MY18 car spec.

They did it for my new S5 SB pick up on Friday as well.

I have a MY18 S4.. picked up 2 weeks ago.. S4 changes from My17 to 18 were much more than puddle lights (unlike A5/S5 owners who effectively paid £675 for puddle lights as only change my17 to 18)... . though I too had a box with regular puddle lights in glove box.... not sure why it wasn't factory fitted..

It was a factory order back in May. So that is the only extra you get for the extra £675??! - I tried to re-spec the car with red callipers but was told that it would cost the extra £675!

Same here, picked up S5 SB on Friday and found a box with the old lights. The 4 rings look good in my opinion, even on a gravel driveway....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I didn't order them for mine either but the dealership had swapped them over for when I collected the car. I queried it with my sales guy as they weren't part of my order and he said they chucked them in for free as they're a nice little touch. I'm happy they did because everyone picks up on it when getting into the car and they always get a positive response.