Dash/Clocks

Cheeks

Reaction score
It's been a while but I'm back to Audi! Had a Mazda RX8 for a few months and I've just picked up a PD130 A3!

One thing I've noticed is compared to my other A3, it's got a different steering wheel and dash, they're both 2003 old one was a 1.6 sport, this ones a 1.9tdi

Steering wheel on the 1.9 is the awful (I think anyway) 4 spoke wheel.

Next thing I noticed was the dash, all looks the same apart from the centre, it has half blanked out (I'm assuming it's for fault lights) and half a display that says OK! When I start up.

My other a3 used to have a slightly bigger display that showed range/MPG average/live mpg etc etc. Also my wiper stalk doesn't have buttons to control it like the 1.6.

Is there a way to swap these over? I quite liked the other one! Also would a 3 spoke standard wheel fit from another a3 (airbag plugs etc)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TDi has a half DIS by the sounds... swapping this over is not a small task... lets skip over the fact the rev counter will be wrong as the derv doesn't rev as high as the petrol... you would need all the relevant sensors, need to recode the dash for the derv, recode the immobiliser and do some wiring..

Good luck :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Cheeks
The TDi has a half DIS by the sounds... swapping this over is not a small task... lets skip over the fact the rev counter will be wrong as the derv doesn't rev as high as the petrol... you would need all the relevant sensors, need to recode the dash for the derv, recode the immobiliser and do some wiring..

Good luck :)

<tuffty/>

Ahhh I was thinking it may have just been a model specific thing! As it's only an SE the half DIS doesn't seem to do much to be honest, no mpg etc not that I need it tbh just did 150 miles and only used about 1/8th of a tank!!!

Any idea on the steering wheel fitment? I'd imagine if I pulled a wheel from another 8L it would fit, absolutely hate the 4 spoke.

Wheel should be easier... should be a straight swap... but would advise disconnecting the battery and leave it for 20-30 mins just to be sure the airbag will be ok

I have the 4 spoke in my A2 and quite like it tbh but would hate it in the S3... strange but true :)

<tuffty/>

The steering wheel should be a straight swap and a 10 minute job. I have a s3 8l wheel and airbag if interested pm me

Tuffty beat me to it

Wheel should be easier... should be a straight swap... but would advise disconnecting the battery and leave it for 20-30 mins just to be sure the airbag will be ok

I have the 4 spoke in my A2 and quite like it tbh but would hate it in the S3... strange but true :)

<tuffty/>

Thanks mate

8ffe08908a7684b7e05f00407bddf0da.jpg

Found a pic online for comparison!
This is what mine is like.

And...

cfc82a19c93895c772cef21942a23476.jpg

This is what my other one used to be like (ignore the white parts) just the DIS I'm on about.

Looks like that one is a diesel, still a probable ball ache to do though haha.

Attachments

• IMG_0562.JPG
    IMG_0562.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 89
On the subject, is anyone after a 4 spoke wheel and airbag? Looks like I'm buying TJ's