2015/16 owners

RS5 JON

Reaction score
Hi all,

can you advise me if your car came with the plastic key that is found in the glove box. Audi dealer advised me that they stopped putting these in 2015.

Info required for tomorrow morning, if possible.

Thanks

JG

Cheers @alpesh26, thought he was talking sh!t, I'll be quoting you tomorrow. :yes:

JG

They talk sh!t about most things! Of the 3 Audi dealers i've dealt with, none of them have provided the service I would expect from a brand like Audi.

Reactions: RS5 JON
Bit late, but mine delivered April 2015 has the plastic key.

Well, I spoke to Audi sales guy today, informed him of the info I got from you guys above. He's ordering me a new plastic key & holder today, to be fair to him, he didn't say much after I gave him your info, just yes Sir, I'll order you one today. :yahoo:

Thanks again for the responses.

JG

Hi all, I recently took possession of my 2014 S5 Moonlight Blue Metallic coupe.
I'm loving it so far and haven't even had a chance to dive into the owners manual.
My vehicle came with that plastic key in the glove box, what's its purpose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its in the glove box then its purpose is to allow a thief to easily overcome the immobiliser and start the engine after breaking into your car. However if you would prefer it to be re-purposed as an emergency key for your own use then put it somewhere safe. I think the idea is that it is slim enough to be put in a purse or wallet.