Facelift Audi S3 Park Assist

Matthew Lee Maycock

Reaction score
whats people's thoughts on the Park Assist option?
It's either £300 for front and rear sensors or £425 for Park Assist?

Not sure which option to choose?

Isn't the Park Assist option the one where it parks the car for you?

Reactions: Matthew Lee Maycock
If you parallel park often, especially on the harder/uncommon side it's probably worth the small extra. And you get four extra sensors that give you a visual indication of obstacles on the sides of your car and not just front/back.

I've got it on my A3 and use it multiple times a week. Works for bay parking too but it's less useful there as bay parking is generally easier and Park Assist might need a few attempts to get it right. For parallel parking it works really well and it's dead accurate, which is nice.

Reactions: glospete, Matthew Lee Maycock and Mark_86
Definitely rather park myself... although parallel parking could save a few curbings of the alloys!

Definitely rather park myself... although parallel parking could save a few curbings of the alloys!

I'd trust myself not to curb alloys far more than an automated system.

Pfft, if you can't parallel park then you shouldn't be driving ;)

You need to try parallel parking when outside an office with female work colleagues walking past in short skirts then!

Reactions: Matthew Lee Maycock, Rolly12 and Djs3saloon
Get the Park Assist for the extra, it's hardly anything and a great toy!

Reactions: Alfred54, glospete and Matthew Lee Maycock
You get rear sensors standard on MY18 S3 probably enough for me,

Although park assist a pretty cool gadget to have!

For the extra £120 + I think it's worth it, you get the extra sensors along the side of the car plus the novelty value of park assist, I've got it on my A6, I don't use the park assist but the extra side sensors have come in useful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alfred54, glospete and AudiNutta
You get rear sensors standard on MY18 S3 probably enough for me,

Although park assist a pretty cool gadget to have!
Yeah you get rear sensors as standard. I'm still confused why they don't stick sensors on all cars as standard for front and rear. It must cost pennies. I don't like just having the acoustic ones which are on the S3, I like having a little image too for reassurance.
So it's only £125 difference for it to do robot self and it's a little gadget I guess for me to play with along side the power of the S3

Simple! They want to make as much money from you as possible. They make a LOT of money from options.