New model / power designations

This is a standard in India from what I know for a few years now. First time I watched an Indian car review I was confused as well and then Googled it and thought why aren't we in Europe using the same model/power designations as they make perfect sense. :D

What a monumental waste of time. Just remove the badge complete and just have the model, like they do on the S/RS models. No one needs to know.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
So they save money by taking the '3' off of all the S3 parts (seats, door sills, steering wheel, caliper plates) meaning they can use them for the S Line too and then come up with the silly idea!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
The thing is I can't remember ever seeing an 8V with an engine badge on it?. Loads of 8P's have them but not 8V's or any other current Audi, it seems they're reintroducing something they had done away with... at least here in the U.K.

The thing is I can't remember ever seeing an 8V with an engine badge on it?. Loads of 8P's have them but not 8V's or any other current Audi, it seems they're reintroducing something they had done away with... at least here in the U.K.

The 8V has engine technology designations as standard, so either TFSI or TDI (but not on the S3/RS3). You can optionally delete these if you wish.

No not now, sorry I meant between the PFL and FL

Ah gotcha.

What a daft idea.
Is that all they've got Tom worry about ***!
How about sorting the glitches well documented on here instead :rage:

The 8V has engine technology designations as standard, so either TFSI or TDI (but not on the S3/RS3)
Sorry I should've made that clearer - An 8P would have for instance a 1.6 or 2.0 TDI badge on the back so you would know the engine size whereas an 8V doesn't, obviously the number of exhaust tailpipes means you can tell if it's a 1.6 or 2.0 8V but you wouldn't know if a two tailpipe 2.0 is 150 or 190bhp etc etc. So why change that now, personally I don't give a monkeys what engine size or power output someone elses car is & it's just another badge to clutter up the back of the car.

I guess it's because many buyers want bragging rights and everyone else to know they've got a "better" model, despite the fact that, in reality, no one else gives a toss. The delete option is always there for those who buy poverty spec models :)