Facelift Paddle shift extensions?

Rolly12

Reaction score
Has anyone got paddle shift extensions and if so, where do you get them from?

Pics please if you have any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MattSedg
also been looking for some, car desperately needs them in my opinion, find myself loosing them a lot of the time when cornering or coming out of one

Reactions: Rolly12
It’s a big difference in how they feel compared to the Golf R as on the R the steering wheel is larger so you literally have to look for them. On the S3 they are easily reachable (although they are smaller).

What about changing them for RS gear paddles? Maybe the dealer could do that easily.

fdf5d1efca9c63b50f2a337755f4780b.jpg

These are not bad looking in black imo

Never had a problem changing gears with the paddles....you guys must have small digits.....and you what they say about guys with small digits...lol

Reactions: Tom.H and MattSedg
Never had a problem changing gears with the paddles....you guys must have small digits.....and you what they say about guys with small digits...lol

Haha! Nowt wrong with changing gears on the standard paddles, would just like to be able to see them a bit more.

Reactions: Jassyo06
There are quite a few little things I’d like to change on my car but Audi prices are stupid.

For example at a basic level I want silver mirrors but they are stupid prices; even 3rd party are £299. Audi is closer to £600.

I’d love the RS3 wheel - love that alcantara. I don’t know if Audi would be happy to change a wheel and not mess up the warranty but that would probably cost at least £1k. And how about some RS3 air vents? A good minimum of £500.

I’m tempted to go to a dealer and just pop out some RS3 vents and swap them with mine lol

There are quite a few little things I’d like to change on my car but Audi prices are stupid.

For example at a basic level I want silver mirrors but they are stupid prices; even 3rd party are £299. Audi is closer to £600.

I’d love the RS3 wheel - love that alcantara. I don’t know if Audi would be happy to change a wheel and not mess up the warranty but that would probably cost at least £1k. And how about some RS3 air vents? A good minimum of £500.

I’m tempted to go to a dealer and just pop out some RS3 vents and swap them with mine lol

Audi seem to be the kings of overpricing options and under speccing cars as standard...

I fancy some extensions too but all of these are too big and in your face. I want the ones off the RS3 but they don't fit apparently. The new RS3 range ones should though but probably silly money.

I bought the A4 ones previously linked. Wasn't. much around at the time, so still keeping my eye out for another set.
2094da81dba6ad7b4e68859e430dd952.jpg
5212ab09e6e8dfc76d29b04b45c3bbff.jpg

Reactions: James Travis and Rolly12
I bought the A4 ones previously linked. Wasn't. much around at the time, so still keeping my eye out for another set.
2094da81dba6ad7b4e68859e430dd952.jpg
5212ab09e6e8dfc76d29b04b45c3bbff.jpg

Have you got a link? Will these fit the FL S3?

They're fitted on the FL S3 hence Virtual Cockpit and smaller airbag module.

Reactions: Timi8888 and Rolly12

Yes, that is my S3 facelift in the pic....
The buyer I used doesn't sell them anymore. They are the same, I think, as the ebay link earlier in the thread.
db7ba949a9c89355c066e0227818d9bf.jpg

(A4 paddles fit the slight change in shape that the S3 MY17 has, when compared to S3 MY16)

Love these!! Do they come in black?

Yes they do black, carbon, chrome, brushed ally & dark ally.

On eBay just search "2017 Audi S3 paddle shift extensions"

Yes they do black, carbon, chrome, brushed ally & dark ally.

On eBay just search "2017 Audi S3 paddle shift extensions"
did someone say............carbon..:sunglasses:

it would end up being a slippery slope of wanting more carbon on the interior though!

just saw the blue ones they sell.....ara blue......blue extenders with the blue air vent rings? maybe a little over the top idk?
Blue extenders

S l1600

Tell me about it, I found prices for the carbon interior trim, worked out over £1000 for it! Be cheaper to get it skinned and would look just as good!

Came across these in the S4 section :hearteyes:

AD%20-%2001%20640x1050%20WEBSITE.jpg

AD%20-%2005%20640%20WEBSITE.jpg

1248157fc59854e457a3dcdcbc407df2.jpg

041473deceb11d83c57a6176876008e7.jpg

Last edited:
I fancy some extensions too but all of these are too big and in your face. I want the ones off the RS3 but they don't fit apparently. The new RS3 range ones should though but probably silly money.

Do we have more info on why they do not fit? I believe the wheels are the same no? I was going to look into ordering a set.

Do we have more info on why they do not fit? I believe the wheels are the same no? I was going to look into ordering a set.

Sorry I was referring to the old RS wheel. I'd imagine the new gen RS will fit straight on again.

Still too big for me :( I want a discreet set like the RS3 ones.

Reactions: AL_B
Just ordered a set in RED :)
Just digging up this old thread, did you ever receive your paddle extensions and if so what do you think?

I’m debating ordering a set for myself :grinning:

These paddle shift extensions seem like they're for the guys who put the car in dynamic mode and then sit in traffic for 45 minutes before fleetingly stabbing the accelerator from one end of the car park to the other at the end of their journey.

Reactions: Andy F
Sorry but these look horrendous :puke:
Personally don’t mind the winn auto sports ones (out of all the aftermarket ones), they’re not amazing but would probably look alright in black trim but $100 a lot for them.

Personally it’s more of an aesthetic thing for me I just think the plain plastic paddles look a bit cheap and nasty, would prefer some RS3 looking ones (metal trim a the top) think the PFL S3’s also has them, but understand they’re not simply plug and play.

Personally don’t mind the winn auto sports ones (out of all the aftermarket ones), they’re not amazing but would probably look alright in black trim but $100 a lot for them.

Personally it’s more of an aesthetic thing for me I just think the plain plastic paddles look a bit cheap and nasty, would prefer some RS3 looking ones (metal trim a the top) think the PFL S3’s also has them, but understand they’re not simply plug and play.
Like this

Attachments

• CBDA2A83-ECFD-4EBF-B88D-DAD4C1D5FFBA.jpeg
    CBDA2A83-ECFD-4EBF-B88D-DAD4C1D5FFBA.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 751
Reactions: mxnrg, AL_B and GregS3

Personally it’s more of an aesthetic thing for me I just think the plain plastic paddles look a bit cheap and nasty, would prefer some RS3 looking ones (metal trim a the top) think the PFL S3’s also has them, but understand they’re not simply plug and play.[/Q

Fair enough, I have a PFL S3 and it has the aluminium ones as standard.

I have designed my own. I will be making them via CNC using Aluminium sometime this week.
Here is a .png connection to the paddle is missing deliberatly

Attachments

• Shift Paddles S3  Rev0.png
    Shift Paddles S3 Rev0.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 611
  • Shift Paddles S3  Realistic Rev0.png
    Shift Paddles S3 Realistic Rev0.png
    50 KB · Views: 565
  • Shift Paddles S3  Realistic2 Rev0.png
    Shift Paddles S3 Realistic2 Rev0.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 623
Last edited:
I have designed my own. I will be making them via CNC using Aluminium sometime this week.
Here is a .png connection to the paddle is missing deliberatly

+ and - are the wrong way around too :icon thumright: