Martial Arts/Aikido/Judo/Ju Jitsu/Kickboxing/Kung Fu/...

Ming Blue said:
What's your sport?

was martial arts mad as a teen. Shotokan Karate was my weapon of choice, now more of a karting and gym freak.

Passed my black belt 1st dan in Shotokan Karate away back in '83 can still do some but haven't practiced in years... like Leecs3 say was martial arts daft away back then.. still am actually, do a lot more watching than participating now...

My weapon of choice is my trusty Springfield 1911A .45cal

If that cant get the job done...

I've always got my Winchester Model 1300, 12 guage pump.

God save the soul of the poor fool who breaks an entry into my house while Im home.

Name: TDI-Line

Weapon of choice: Crossbow

Reasons: used at point blank range bolt will travel through first opponent and into second opponent.;)

quad400.gif

Used to box, used to do Savate (french kickboxing) as well.

Can't be ***** nowadays.

Shame......

i used to do judo when i was about 9 and got to my green belt.

really would like to start learning again though.

I always preferred Ken, Ryu was every1's bitch

bigblokey0 said:
wado ryu was my choice

Same here (around 20 years ago :crying: ). Dabbled in bits of boxing back in Lancashire too,...............but then most of us HAD to LOL.

I used to be right into Kickboxing, a bit of Tae Kwon Do and lived opposite my Escrima Instructor who was a good mate so got into that also. I have a few certificates in surviving edged weapons.

Practice a bit on the bag now, and if my brother is here we have a go on the pads or some sparring, But not much now unless he is here. Can still kick an opponent of the same height in the head, and knock over the floorstanding bag with a roundhouse despite not constant training.

Escrima? Fantastic! Excellent to watch, always amazes me how there's never an "OUCH Ma knuckles " during sparing and its so fast... Fantastic!

Kyokoshinkai Karate, had a few competitions including one at Crystal Palace-
Broke my ankle the day of my black belt and due to the recovery time I dropped out and lost heart-
I know only really lift weights but can still pop down into the splits and can knock your head off with my foot!
Constantly 'thinking' of getting involved again but never do, fancy some MMA as that seems the future-

28v6 said:
Escrima? Fantastic! Excellent to watch, always amazes me how there's never an "OUCH Ma knuckles " during sparing and its so fast... Fantastic!

The guy that used to train me 'Phil Chenery' is a master at this art, he's such an unassuming fellow, but he'd tear ya throat out if you upset him.

He's got rows and rows of framed certificates, truly awesome.

just done a google on Phil, he's on a ****** website! You wait til i speak to him again (not spoke in months)

He's on the right...
image017.jpg

image065.jpg

Phil doing "sticky hands"...

Phil's a dry liner by trade and a few years back he had a nasty accident on site where he fell off a ladder and grabbed hold of a piece of metal studwork to stop himself falling, you can imagine the result, it sliced through the tendons in his hand, but it looks like he's training again. I must call him..

I worked with a guy called barrington patterson....he had thirty two inch thighs'
k1010.jpg

hes a big Mofo

voorhees said:
I worked with a guy called barrington patterson....he had thirty two inch thighs'

hes a big Mofo

Holy ****, the guy on the right? His legs look ****** massive!

Sir TDI, I had a go on Judo but didn't like it. Then did some intensive training on kick-boxing, then went on to Thai-boxing. Awesome!...