Strut Brace

PhilR

One Ate Tea
Reaction score
I've been looking into them fella, some of the US guys swear by them, apparently the air con pipes can be a ball ache

Biglockie said:
I've been looking into them fella, some of the US guys swear by them, apparently the air con pipes can be a ball ache

I bought an OMP one the other day, it does not fit, The big trunk of cable coming out of the ECU and running along the firewall gets in the way

Nightmare fella, is there no way it can be made to fit??

If its the single bar type it will probably fit fine, trouble is with the OMP one is that there are 2 bars. one of which fouls on the thick rubber cable shroud.

Taking it back today for a refund, so may be interested in that JOM one.

Biglockie said:
Nightmare fella, is there no way it can be made to fit??

Only way id get it on would be to cut the second bar off, not something I want to do having just paid 50 quid for it.

This is the one for a B5 isn't it? I've been toying with the idea myself, £50 for an fk one.

0bd0_1_b.jpg

I'm intersted dude, we could try for a group buy.

Will let you know if im up for the GB later today mate, because if i cant get a refund im cutting the OMP one up !

DPM said:
If there was enough of you wanting one, we would put on a GB for the JOM polished ones at £55 delivered!
Tell me more, i've been looking for a strut brace that fits my V6 B5 with no issues, does this ? how long to wait ? I'm also after a lower front brace, any particular one's you recommend ?

mckay9uk said:
Tell me more, i've been looking for a strut brace that fits my V6 B5 with no issues, does this ? how long to wait ? I'm also after a lower front brace, any particular one's you recommend ?

Just the top one i'm affraid but it'll be around a weeks wait after everyone has ordered!

OMP has gone back so im up for one of these if the GB is on? well as long as DPM can confirm it will fir a 98 B5 1.8t sport ( which im sure it will if its a single bar type)

DPM said:
Just the top one i'm affraid but it'll be around a weeks wait after everyone has ordered!
Have we got five yet, i'm ready to order one !

DPM said:
Please PM if you want one and i'll get your name down on the list. So far we have...

mckay9uk

Put me down too Pm sent already

thats 2

mckay9uk
Philr

if you can wait until feb 15th then i'll be in as well. new engine has cleaned me out until then!

DPM said:
The strut braces will soon be dispatched when payment clears so i'm sure someone will post to confirm.

Hi, The money has gone out of my account, has it arrived in your account yet ? if so will you post mine tommorow, Pretty please ?

mawhitey said:
If it can be confirmed it will fit under the battery panel thingy i would be in too
If we manage to sort out the swap, you should be able to see one fitted if i get it before Thursday ?

DPM said:
No sign of it in mine mate but all being well i'll still get it out to you tomorrow!
Thanks mate, you've been very helpful.

Can you confirm if my payment has been received ? Cheers !