Audi @ Goodwood Festival of Speed 2017!

azibux1

Reaction score
Hi all

Had a brilliant trip to Goodwood FoS yesterday! Really is a great event... definitely recommend going! So much to see and do.

Had some drinks and a sit down in the Audi owners hospitality area... then took lots of pics!

Was going to upload the individual pics here but thought I'd just link to the full album of high quality ones on Flickr!

2nd page for Audi pics...

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm3zgLjy

The RS3 saloon is veryyyy nice!! :D :D With a decent spec it's gonna easily be a £50K car I hear you say @jassyo06? Well Audi went ALL OUT on most of the cars there spec-wise, carbon ceramics, the lot... Try £64k for that RS3 saloon they had there!! Crazy money haha

Also the Q8!! Not sure on that, but thought I'd get pics anyway :)

Hope you enjoy the pics :)

Reactions: TDI-line, Daveotto, jaypers777 and 9 others
some nice pics there , thanks for sharing

Reactions: azibux1
Stunning pics, thanks for sharing.
Too many amazing cars to comment on. As for the RS3 though, every time I look at it I think it's not special looking enough (again, including the wheels), albeit amazing engine and performance.
Always wanted to go to FoS or the Revival or both!
Was it a day trip or did you stay over?
I'd need to make a weekend of it and suss out where to stay etc.

Reactions: Tom.H, richard skilbeck and azibux1
@azibux1 cheers for them photos mate my fave Audi pic is the Ara blue black edition with the pano-roof, looking at that Nogaro blue RS3 just confirms to me l made the right decision to go with voodoo

Reactions: David McQueen, richard skilbeck and azibux1
some nice pics there , thanks for sharing
Glad you liked them :)
Stunning pics, thanks for sharing.
Too many amazing cars to comment on. As for the RS3 though, every time I look at it I think it's not special looking enough (again, including the wheels), albeit amazing engine and performance.
Always wanted to go to FoS or the Revival or both!
Was it a day trip or did you stay over?
I'd need to make a weekend of it and suss out where to stay etc.
Thanks! :)

Hmmm I quite liked the RS3... Also the S5 though! Nice and refined styling :)

Been 3 years now - 2012, 2014 and this year. Have always just gone for the day.

In a way a weekend (saturday + sunday) would be nice, as you'd have more time to do things at a relaxed pace and check out all the little stands. But to be honest the way I do it you see 95% of the main stuff I'd say... Just missed a lot of the little stands like BOTB, milltek, etc... but got round all the manufacturer stuff, saw some hillclimb action (but not loads to be fair)...

Depends what you do though... So I spent a bit of time queuing to get a time slot for the Audi Home of Quattro experience (only thing you get to actually drive there), and also time queuing for a slot for riding a dirt bike... In the meantime while doing the queuing, my Dad watched some hillclimb action.

You could however spend a whole day looking at things, then another whole day just literally finding a good spot and sitting by the hill. Depends what you want from it really.

But we got there at 07:30 and left at 18:30... You're pretty tired by then lol so it was nice to get home and sit (rather than go to a hotel).

All depends what you want from the day / weekend I think... But personally the people that go for the WHOLE thing go a bit over the top lol... the YouTubers etc who do Thu - Sun, that's a bit extreme ha. But I guess on the other hand they're lucky enough to get passenger rides up the hill etc so things like that keep them busy
Must go next year, looks fantastic
It is brilliant! Defo recommend it!
@azibux1 cheers for them photos mate my fave Audi pic is the Ara blue black edition with the pano-roof, looking at that Nogaro blue RS3 just confirms to me l made the right decision to go with voodoo
Ha I thought of you when taking that pic with the pano roof! ;) Knew you'd love it

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Glad you liked them :)

Thanks! :)

Hmmm I quite liked the RS3... Also the S5 though! Nice and refined styling :)

Been 3 years now - 2012, 2014 and this year. Have always just gone for the day.

In a way a weekend (saturday + sunday) would be nice, as you'd have more time to do things at a relaxed pace and check out all the little stands. But to be honest the way I do it you see 95% of the main stuff I'd say... Just missed a lot of the little stands like BOTB, milltek, etc... but got round all the manufacturer stuff, saw some hillclimb action (but not loads to be fair)...

Depends what you do though... So I spent a bit of time queuing to get a time slot for the Audi Home of Quattro experience (only thing you get to actually drive there), and also time queuing for a slot for riding a dirt bike... In the meantime while doing the queuing, my Dad watched some hillclimb action.

You could however spend a whole day looking at things, then another whole day just literally finding a good spot and sitting by the hill. Depends what you want from it really.

But we got there at 07:30 and left at 18:30... You're pretty tired by then lol so it was nice to get home and sit (rather than go to a hotel).

All depends what you want from the day / weekend I think... But personally the people that go for the WHOLE thing go a bit over the top lol... the YouTubers etc who do Thu - Sun, that's a bit extreme ha. But I guess on the other hand they're lucky enough to get passenger rides up the hill etc so things like that keep them busy

It is brilliant! Defo recommend it!

Ha I thought of you when taking that pic with the pano roof! ;) Knew you'd love it
Thanks for the info, cheers.
It's really far south for me and would be a 7hours+ drive each way so really then talking about flying / hiring a car and staying over.
Much as the RS3 is a good looking car and will sound awesome, my issue is really, for £50k - £60k, it doesn't look different enough from an S3 for me unlike other RS models. totally understand @jassyo06 decision to go down the high spec / special colour S3.

Thanks for the info, cheers.
It's really far south for me and would be a 7hours+ drive each way so really then talking about flying / hiring a car and staying over.
Much as the RS3 is a good looking car and will sound awesome, my issue is really, for £50k - £60k, it doesn't look different enough from an S3 for me unlike other RS models. totally understand @jassyo06 decision to go down the high spec / special colour S3.
Aha wow! Makes my 5 hour round trip seem short lol

Yeah I understand what you're saying... I like it but I don't think I'd buy one simply as it isn't different enough in general. Be like buying a 335i then an M3... I'd like a bit more of a change I think

Also random side-note... Had an "M5" in front of us on the way home, had a nice cruise with him.

Looked a bit suspect, strange wheels that were quite pokey and no M5 badge, instead an 'M style' black sticker.

Was just a 520d :D The guy must have spent a decent amount making it look like an M5 though! Was very closely matched to the looks of the real thing.... exhausts, nice bonnet, small spoiler etc...

An event i always say to myself i must go one year, then forget about going DOH!

Great pics!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and azibux1
f798dd3f1aca3b95bdc876bc44522419.jpg

Talking of special colours, this was in the supermarket car park this morning.

Slightly disappointed it was fairly quiet too.

Didn't take in the arches as I walked past, but they look ok actually.

Love the colour tho!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, rvtb101, Jassyo06 and 4 others
The new Audi's are all very nice, but you can keep 'em... That Project 8 jag had me drooling...

Reactions: Jassyo06, Thundercliffe81 and azibux1
The new Audi's are all very nice, but you can keep 'em... That Project 8 jag had me drooling...
Oh that was amazing!

They were very strict about people sitting in it. One of the 'guards' (Jaguar staff) reacted very swiftly when a kid opened the door to jump in.

You're probably wondering... "Why can't they just lock the doors?"

Oh they can't.... Yup... It doesn't lock :D Lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I think the RS3 does look different compared to the S3 with its lower suspension and flared arches. Just compare it on the configurator.

Although how they got that RS3 to £64k?! You would have to spec the exclusive colours and carbon brakes and carbon bonnet to get to that. I think most RS3's will come to around 50-55k with some extras.

I just signed finance for 41k on Friday - plus a 7k deposit for my S3 Saloon. That's a base RS3 Saloon with a couple of options there in price.

And I love the alloys! I am not a fan of the 5 wing arm design I have on my car (when I collect it) and I would happily swap for those.

I think the RS3 does look different compared to the S3 with its lower suspension and flared arches. Just compare it on the configurator.

Although how they got that RS3 to £64k?! You would have to spec the exclusive colours and carbon brakes and carbon bonnet to get to that. I think most RS3's will come to around 50-55k with some extras.

I just signed finance for 41k on Friday - plus a 7k deposit for my S3 Saloon. That's a base RS3 Saloon with a couple of options there in price.

And I love the alloys! I am not a fan of the 5 wing arm design I have on my car (when I collect it) and I would happily swap for those.
It had carbon ceramics (which I didn't know was an option on an RS3) and exclusive paint (Nogaro blue)... Not sure about bonnet

Project 8 jag is nearly 2 tons. So whilst it has a thumping engine and can add mph quickly, I wonder how it actually handles as a 'track orientated car' - despite they market it as a 'road car'.

Particularly when you put it alongside similarly priced kit....

£150k gets you a 991 Turbo or even a GT3 for instance.

I'd probably have a M4 for track AND a RS6 for the day to day.

Project 8 jag is nearly 2 tons. So whilst it has a thumping engine and can add mph quickly, I wonder how it actually handles as a 'track orientated car' - despite they market it as a 'road car'.

Particularly when you put it alongside similarly priced kit....

£150k gets you a 991 Turbo or even a GT3 for instance.

I'd probably have a M4 for track AND a RS6 for the day to day.
1745kg. An S&Tonic S3 sportback is 1465kg for comparison. I'd still take the project 8, in the knowledge that if it follows the trend set by the F-type project 7, I can enjoy it and not lose a penny on it.

Great pics @azibux1 and Goodwood is on my bucket list.......Looking at the RS3 and RS5 coupe I think Audi has lost its way with alloy wheel design. IMO they both look :puke2:

The Jag Project 8 is a stunning vehicle and it is really great to see Jag at the forefront of vehicle design again

Reactions: Audi Bairn and azibux1
Much as the RS3 is a good looking car and will sound awesome, my issue is really, for £50k - £60k, it doesn't look different enough from an S3 for me unlike other RS models.

I hear you there, yes it does look different to the S3 but is is really RS different?

Take the S6 and RS6, imo they are a lot different in looks, plus with the one I specc'd without going bonkers the other day coming in at £51,525 it's a lot of wedge for an awesome sounding engine, that's £14k more than I paid for the S3!

No carbon bonnet on any A3...IF you've signed up for finance for £41k after a £7000 deposit....on your S3.....somethings not really adding up mate,you got a discount on your S3 ? you wont get one off the RS3 JUST NOW...and that makes all the difference...and if you could get a discount....on it l would have cancelled my S3,yeah the wing arm alloys are if l am honest very nice,but not as nice as the standard S3's alloys...Audi's alloys in general are pretty gash over the full range of A3's.RS3 saloon alloys will be available over the next 6 months or so from the German ebay sites,so keep a look out

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Djs3saloon
Great pics @azibux1 and Goodwood is on my bucket list.......Looking at the RS3 and RS5 coupe I think Audi has lost its way with alloy wheel design. IMO they both look :puke2:

The Jag Project 8 is a stunning vehicle and it is really great to see Jag at the forefront of vehicle design again

Agreed on the Audi alloys...but Jaguar....are Pants.....XE and XF....are jelly molds..........with no real design lines,interior build is dire,ICE.....woeful ,l would rather have a new 5 series,sat in one last week man...........it was stunning.....class and up there with Audis.....cant believe l just typed that lol

Agreed on the Audi alloys...but Jaguar....are Pants.....XE and XF....are jelly molds..........with no real design lines,interior build is dire,ICE.....woeful ,l would rather have a new 5 series,sat in one last week man...........it was stunning.....class and up there with Audis.....cant believe l just typed that lol
The tech on the new 5 series has gone up another level as well. After the s3 I may have to have a more sensible car, the 5 series would be very tempting.

Reactions: Jassyo06

Agreed on the interior design and that was a reason a Jag was binned when I was looking at my recent car purchase, but the new Jags have a bit of timeless exterior look to them, as did their early designs. They completely lost the plot in the last few decades.

Reactions: Jassyo06
The tech on the new 5 series has gone up another level as well. After the s3 I may have to have a more sensible car, the 5 series would be very tempting.

lts a awesome car mate my son brought home one last week....when l planked me buttocks in it l was lost for words,its truly a class act and more importantly for BMW.....they've trumped Audi again with this car big time,the new A6 coming soon has a lot to do...

Reactions: TYb
lts a awesome car mate my son brought home one last week....when l planked me buttocks in it l was lost for words,its truly a class act and more importantly for BMW.....they've trumped Audi again with this car big time,the new A6 coming soon has a lot to do...

A very nice interior with classy analog dials...not a VC to be seen, pity about the exterior emblem badges though. :whistle2:

A very nice interior with classy analog dials...not a VC to be seen, pity about the exterior emblem badges though. :whistle2:

Back at ya.....Jaguar XE.....shouts out....Fleet/Company car.....A S3 Sedan does'nt lol

Reactions: azibux1, Audi Bairn and Flying Scotsman
But you have Ecletic taste in cars grant.....Mx5.....lol
Mmmm... MX5. :drool:
You should drive one Jass, an MX5 is so 'alive' when you drive it that it makes my S3 feel like it's been shot in the **** with a dart full of ketamine. Obviously it's not a practical choice, but despite the 'compact' cockpit (that I dont really fit) I do still really fancy a new ND shape MX5 RF with a BBR turbo though. c.£32k would put you in a new and warrantied top spec car with 230-odd bhp per tonne (compared to an S3's 209-ish bhp/tonne). That's some serious, distinctly non-hairdresser poke.

That £64k RS3 though? Criminal pricing.
That could instead get you;

An S3...
Plus an MX5 with a 525bhp V8 conversion.
And maybe;
Some change for fuel.

IMG 1571

Reactions: azibux1, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
No carbon bonnet on any A3...IF you've signed up for finance for £41k after a £7000 deposit....on your S3.....somethings not really adding up mate,you got a discount on your S3 ? you wont get one off the RS3 JUST NOW...and that makes all the difference...and if you could get a discount....on it l would have cancelled my S3,yeah the wing arm alloys are if l am honest very nice,but not as nice as the standard S3's alloys...Audi's alloys in general are pretty gash over the full range of A3's.RS3 saloon alloys will be available over the next 6 months or so from the German ebay sites,so keep a look out

There is a carbon engine accents option in the configurator that's what I meant. No idea what it actually is. You can't see anything different in the images.

The reason I'm paying that much is I have a Golf R with £26k left to pay so that's covering the finance remaining so an RS3 isn't any more expensive. Let's see how much I enjoy my S3. I still have to wait all day tomorrow and then late Tuesday afternoon before I collect it.

Mmmm... MX5. :drool:
You should drive one Jass, an MX5 is so 'alive' when you drive it that it makes my S3 feel like it's been shot in the **** with a dart full of ketamine. Obviously it's not a practical choice, but despite the 'compact' cockpit (that I dont really fit) I do still really fancy a new ND shape MX5 RF with a BBR turbo though. c.£32k would put you in a new and warrantied top spec car with 230-odd bhp per tonne (compared to an S3's 209-ish bhp/tonne). That's some serious, distinctly non-hairdresser poke.

That £64k RS3 though? Criminal pricing.
That could instead get you;

An S3...
Plus an MX5 with a 525bhp V8 conversion.
And maybe;
Some change for fuel.

View attachment 129729

Drove one with a electric matal roof am l correct...?my son used to sell Fords/Mazdas,he had one for a while.....tiny inside....and if l am honest they are head turners especially the new car but they certainly aint a daily driver

Drove one with a electric matal roof am l correct...?my son used to sell Fords/Mazdas,he had one for a while.....tiny inside....and if l am honest they are head turners especially the new car but they certainly aint a daily driver
Mine was. ;) Took it to the south of France once for a two week holiday, with a wife who insists on taking 'everything'... and it was positively cavernous inside compared to the MR2 roadsters and kit cars that preceded it.