Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift RS3 8V In Here

Funny you should say that.....
259247217f9799c459e0b25f53271bfc.jpg

My fitter advised not to use the AWG sticker. The whole point to this system is stealth.

Reactions: AudiNutta
My fitter advised not to use the AWG sticker. The whole point to this system is stealth.

+1, I understand why you’d use the sticker but for the professional thief it’s just giving a heads up on what they have to get through to drive away.

Also, there's some nasty ******** out there that wouldn't think twice about coming into your bedroom to ask you politely for the code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, there's some nasty ******** out there that wouldn't think twice about coming into your bedroom to ask you politely for the code.

That’s the only set back, but let’s face it most professional crims will know about AWG anyway so it’s over to them to decide what to do next when the car doesn’t start as they will know what it is.

That’s the only set back, but let’s face it most professional crims will know about AWG anyway so it’s over to them to decide what to do next when the car doesn’t start as they will know what it is.
Car might be broken for all they know.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I thought the whole point was to stop scroats nicking your car, to be honest!

If the system is as good as advertised, why not show the crims it's fitted so they do not bother? Is it a dozen or two sixes?? LoL

Reactions: T-800
I thought the whole point was to stop scroats nicking your car, to be honest!

If the system is as good as advertised, why not show the crims it's fitted so they do not bother? Is it a dozen or two sixes?? LoL
Personally I wouldn't advertise it. They might wait for you to come back to your car and jump you to get the keys AND code. It happens. Let them faff about I say. As soon as it doesn't start, they'll scarper quickly.

Reactions: Terminator x, AudiNutta and Ozmosis
Personally I wouldn't advertise it. They might wait for you to come back to your car and jump you to get the keys AND code. It happens. Let them faff about I say. As soon as it doesn't start, they'll scarper quickly.

I see where you're coming from, but where do you draw the line? I use a Disklok too, so what's to stop them doing the same to get the key for that?? Plus the "faffing about" would probably be detrimental to the interior of your car....!

Reactions: D0C
Car might be broken for all they know.

TX.

That would have worked when the system wasn’t widely distributed but now the thieves will likely know that any new car that simulates a non-start fault, will likely have AWG.

Carbon edition panther black special order

Attachments

• 8C5E0599-866C-483A-AE33-461D470FB958.jpeg
    8C5E0599-866C-483A-AE33-461D470FB958.jpeg
    445.5 KB · Views: 406
wow, did not see that on the list, not cheap I'm guessing.
Look really good.
Thanks man. Every other Rs has the carbon pack except the rs3 I had to specially request it

Reactions: L1ARR
I didn’t see that option either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man. Every other Rs has the carbon pack except the rs3 I had to specially request it

Think Audi would of missed a trick there not offering that as an option, like there bothered.

Hate to think of the option cost :scared2:

That would have worked when the system wasn’t widely distributed but now the thieves will likely know that any new car that simulates a non-start fault, will likely have AWG.
They won't know for sure and imho if the car won't start they will just bug out as no thief wants to hang around longer than necessary.

TX.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Waste of money!

Reactions: SeoTFSI and Jassyo06
They won't know for sure and imho if the car won't start they will just bug out as no thief wants to hang around longer than necessary.

TX.

I’m thinking maybe the stickers ain’t enough

ab883d149270deac8eea11ea5d75f23b.jpg

Reactions: Ozmosis, AudiNutta, Terminator x and 2 others
I collected my new RS3 2 weeks ago! I am pleased to say it's different in all the right ways from my 2015 S3.

Attachments

• thumbnailaudi.jpg
    thumbnailaudi.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 341
Reactions: Terminator x, Enbarr, Spinstorm and 2 others
@Daniel Knight The black wheels look good with the car - I wonder if its worth getting my standard saloon wheels painted black... If everything goes roughly to schedule I should have my car in 6 weeks (2 weeks to build, 4 to collection after that).

@T-800 I know thats sarcasm with the plate but I am wondering if I didn't wait until March 1st maybe a private plate is an idea.

Also surely if the dealer hasn't hit sales targets they would maybe incentivise me to collect earlier?

Last edited:
@Daniel Knight The black wheels look good with the car - I wonder if its worth getting my standard saloon wheels painted black... If everything goes roughly to schedule I should have my car in 6 weeks (2 weeks to build, 4 to collection after that).

@T-800 I know thats sarcasm with the plate but I am wondering if I didn't wait until March 1st maybe a private plate is an idea.

Also surely if the dealer hasn't hit sales targets they would maybe incentivise me to collect earlier?
I'm getting my standard saloon wheels sprayed, not decided on colour yet but most likely black or gun mental. You should probably just wait until march anyway, my build is also in 2 weeks and I have a private plate going on but I will collect on 18 plate first, then swap over after.

Reactions: teslaboy
I'm getting my standard saloon wheels sprayed, not decided on colour yet but most likely black or gun mental. You should probably just wait until march anyway, my build is also in 2 weeks and I have a private plate going on but I will collect on 18 plate first, then swap over after.

I did my Sportback wheels black but sprayed over silver. Looking different from your standards.
Very happy with them now.
Going to fit wheel spacers asap.
20171124 135535 3024x2268
20171123 142753 3024x2268

My baby, at dealers, need to sort winters asap...

It got there ahead of schedule, so now I'm stressed out :)

Attachments

• rs31.jpg
    rs31.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 285
Reactions: Macintosh88
db48122ae067dd6d1ee806e6742becdb.jpg
512006b3dc377318c503c0301957a8d4.jpg
aaddfa4204703d8e5e36c6f7706e95f8.jpg

First wash after 1000 miles. Went from Edinburgh - Manchester - Bicester - London - Oxford - York then back to Edinburgh. Not to bad on fuel and no break squeal yet but did notice the front lights had condensation while washing it which a couple people have reported.

The sound of this car is unreal when ran in. When you flick it back into sport mode it’s just phenomenal and that’s with out the sports exhaust so have no idea what all the slagging is about the sound of this car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: T-800
My baby, at dealers, need to sort winters asap...

It got there ahead of schedule, so now I'm stressed out :)
Looking good mate - if fact, looking exactly like mine!

Reactions: 3SR
Gave mine its first quick wash since I detailed it when new. Done 1k miles now and loving it.

b5788da892d3b9cafaf9b600bf8d86fd.jpg
a098257ec00240d23e8339266e38cb6f.jpg
68a630b25c0174089fd1173f36c616e9.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SPIKE_, Spaceman_RS3, MartS300 and 2 others