L88 ONN - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI - Mod Thread

thumbs up L88NN
keep on mate!
I would love to keep on reading!

Thanks Timi.

Yeah ride quality is much better, a lot stiffer, corners better, need to go a lot slower on bumps which is expected, but overall I am very pleased with the springs.
Hi Mate, can you tell me what shocks are you using? if standard ones, then have they been modified e.g. rubber stop shorten? Can you confirm which eibach #model number? thanks!

Good progress mate. Really interested how the remap will change the car. I just brought mine exact same 1.4 TFSI Sport trim 3 door 13 plate in red. Same 17 inch wheels on with Milano leather seats.

Quick question, the whole MMI stuff, did you just go into Audi to get it done? Does it cost anything?

Good progress mate. Really interested how the remap will change the car. I just brought mine exact same 1.4 TFSI Sport trim 3 door 13 plate in red. Same 17 inch wheels on with Milano leather seats.

Quick question, the whole MMI stuff, did you just go into Audi to get it done? Does it cost anything?
Not sure where you are based but @DJAlix on the forums has helped multiple people on the forums. Check his website https://www.vagcarcoding.com/services/ to see what he can do. Saving up to book in with himself to get multiple bits done

I’ve had the remap done, plus an exhaust, really changes the car. Trying to look for a downpipe now and can’t find them anywhere

I’ve had the remap done, plus an exhaust, really changes the car. Trying to look for a downpipe now and can’t find them anywhere

Have you had any luck yet with the downpipe? I’ve the 1.4 150PS and was looking into it. What are the benefits of it?

Photo just cause she’s pretty :whistle2:

Attachments

• 56DEA3AC-DAB0-481B-8421-BB08A42F6FD7.jpeg
    56DEA3AC-DAB0-481B-8421-BB08A42F6FD7.jpeg
    987.3 KB · Views: 190
Have you had any luck yet with the downpipe? I’ve the 1.4 150PS and was looking into it. What are the benefits of it?

I think there’s a miltek downpipe and sports cat for it, I’m not sure anyone’s done a stage 2 remap on our cars, but there’s a polo GT (same engine) on YouTube producing 230bhp

The stage 1 from revo completely changed my car, the acceleration is way better

Also looks great Have you done anything else to your car?

Here’s one of mine

Attachments

• F75C1BB2-553C-468B-990C-5E11F051DCF5.jpeg
    F75C1BB2-553C-468B-990C-5E11F051DCF5.jpeg
    1,022.6 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: dmpx
Also looks great Have you done anything else to your car?

Here’s one of mine

I’ll have to look into it and see.. it’ll be an intake, downpipe and probably an inter cooler thought to map it any higher.

Yes mate. Mapped to 194bhp
Lowered on Eibach by 35mm all round
19 Audi S5 alloys
Window tints
Black pack
Tinted rear lights
Custom stainless S3 style exhaust
Black rear diffuser
Rebadge
Black Audi badges
Yellow S calipers
Maxton splitter that isn’t fitted yet
Carson spoiler that also isn’t fitted
Ordered an RS grill
In talks to get the steering wheel and gear stick done in alcantara with a yellow strip at the centre point
Few little detailing points to smooth it out and tiny yellow touches

Looking into downpipes, intakes and intercoolers at the moment. I’d like 220bhp ideally but she is brisk at 195

She looks well mate... What about yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll have to look into it and see.. it’ll be an intake, downpipe and probably an inter cooler thought to map it any higher.

19 Audi S5 alloys
Window tints
Black pack
Tinted rear lights
Black rear diffuser
Rebadge
Black Audi badges
Yellow S calipers
Ordered an RS grill
In talks to get the steering wheel and gear stick done in alcantara with a yellow strip at the centre point

Looking into downpipes, intakes and intercoolers at the moment. I’d like 220bhp ideally but she is brisk at 195

Also a good few VDRS mods including needle sweep, valves fully open on the exhaust etc etc

19 Audi S5 alloys
Window tints
Black pack
Tinted rear lights
Black rear diffuser
Rebadge
Black Audi badges
Yellow S calipers
Ordered an RS grill

Pretty much the same as you, apart from splitters, I’ve got H&R springs 45mm too, did you have the pace car lights coded?
194bhp is mint, my friend had the ST200 and we were pretty much neck and neck up to about 60
Is your exhaust straight pipe from the cat back?
Also is it DSG?
Mine DSG farts, surprises a lot of people tbf

Pretty much the same as you, apart from splitters, I’ve got H&R springs 45mm too, did you have the pace car lights coded?
194bhp is mint, my friend had the ST200 and we were pretty much neck and neck up to about 60
Is your exhaust straight pipe from the cat back?
Also is it DSG?
Mine DSG farts, surprises a lot of people tbf

I had a look at the 45, but the 35 with the 19s filled the arches perfectly...

Took a good bit of fiddling to get it. How much did Revo give you? Mines bone stock apart from the remap

Yeah straight pipe and sounds fantastic. Can get pops and crackles n the overrun sometimes

No mate, manual unfortunately... DSG Fart would be but sadly not to be lol

Good to actually see someone else putting effort into there A3 Saloon 1.4 haha

I had a look at the 45, but the 35 with the 19s filled the arches perfectly...

Took a good bit of fiddling to get it. How much did Revo give you? Mines bone stock apart from the remap

Yeah straight pipe and sounds fantastic. Can get pops and crackles n the overrun sometimes

No mate, manual unfortunately... DSG Fart would be but sadly not to be lol

Good to actually see someone else putting effort into there A3 Saloon 1.4 haha

I’m not sure, I’ve not had it dyno’d, the map says between 180-200, I’ve got a forge cone filter, but I think I’m going to change it to a box filter, get better air flow

A friend of mine has the 1.4 Seat Leon with an exhaust, I’m guessing it would be what yours sounds like, sounds awesome too!

Yeah, I can’t afford insurance on anything else, can afford the car just lot the insurance, my area is cursed, still paying 2k on a 1.4 I only see people doing things to S3 saloons, although around here they’re still all very basic, maybe on with a set of wheels, others with black packs from Audi and so on

Also I only have 18” alloys on so I needed the extra 10mm haha

I know the feeling... I’ve only been driving a few years so an S3/Golf R is out of the question insurance wise.

Also, I’ve a 70 mile round trip every day and getting 40mpg in the 1.4 does me well.

Yeah, It’s the same near me. A lot of S3s but very standard looking a lot of the time

I know the feeling... I’ve only been driving a few years so an S3/Golf R is out of the question insurance wise.

Also, I’ve a 70 mile round trip every day and getting 40mpg in the 1.4 does me well.

Yeah, It’s the same near me. A lot of S3s but very standard looking a lot of the time

Mines not as bad, 60 miles a day, I get about 47-50mpg but it’s on an average speed motorway at 50, im guessing yours is either 70mph (which I’m guessing you don’t stick to ;) ) or country roads haha

I’ve got 3 maybe 4 years no claims but I got caught doing 97 on the motorway so got slapped with 4 points which kills my insurance as well as the bad area

Mines not as bad, 60 miles a day, I get about 47-50mpg but it’s on an average speed motorway at 50, im guessing yours is either 70mph (which I’m guessing you don’t stick to ;) ) or country roads haha

I’ve got 3 maybe 4 years no claims but I got caught doing 97 on the motorway so got slapped with 4 points which kills my insurance as well as the bad area

Yeah, I stick the cruise control at 90 for most of the journey :racer:

That’s not too bad... the mods on mine killed my insurance. A standard S3 would be double again, and there’s no way I could keep it standard...

I did a year and a bit with a black box then swapped to my S3. Helped bring the premium down a lot. Paying only a few hundred more than most with Golfs, Polos etc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kondax
I did a year and a bit with a black box then swapped to my S3. Helped bring the premium down a lot. Paying only a few hundred more than most with Golfs, Polos etc

I couldn’t bare the thought of a black box... Having near 400bhp and having to obey the speed limit 24/7 and no hard cornering would kill me haha

My A3 is good for at present - But a FL S3 Saloon is on the horizon for me I think

I couldn’t bare the thought of a black box... Having near 400bhp and having to obey the speed limit 24/7 and no hard cornering would kill me haha

My A3 is good for at present - But a FL S3 Saloon is on the horizon for me I think
No I never did. Drove a fiesta with one, then swapped to the S3. They lowered my premiums based on the data from the fiesta and no black box needed

No I never did. Drove a fiesta with one, then swapped to the S3. They lowered my premiums based on the data from the fiesta and no black box needed

I like your thinking! I had an ex with the app on her phone that did the same as the box... Everytime I drove anywhere she got a phone call or a text telling her to slow the fudge down :busted cop:

240bhp in that Polo is impressive... I’d like to see dyno figures/charts for it. but my god I have a passionate hatred for that car. Plastic stick on bonnet vents don’t help it’s case either haha

That looks absolutely beautiful! how much did the exhaust set up cost and how did it effect your insurance? I’ve got a 1.4 150bhp 3dr and modding the exhaust is really on my mind

Here’s a photo of mine sitting all pretty

Attachments

• 7AC485BF-4B90-44FD-9B3E-F45D21657A44.jpeg
    7AC485BF-4B90-44FD-9B3E-F45D21657A44.jpeg
    509.7 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: dmpx
If it is an exhaust which doesn't affect performance - most won't charge a premium increase (mine didn't , didn't even charge an admin fee)

Yeah ride quality is much better, a lot stiffer, corners better, need to go a lot slower on bumps

You realise none of this makes sense? If the car is stiffer and you have to slow down for bumps then the ride quality has not improved...

Reactions: Kondax and Adam14
That looks absolutely beautiful! how much did the exhaust set up cost and how did it effect your insurance? I’ve got a 1.4 150bhp 3dr and modding the exhaust is really on my mind

Here’s a photo of mine sitting all pretty

Thanks very much mate, she’s my pride and joy! I got mine custom made from the cat back in stainless steel with 4 Identical Audi Rep tips so set me back about £300 in total and makes the car sounds great - It’s not S3, but 10x better than stock. It’s a deeper warble and I love it.

I’m not sure as to the insurance as I told them about all of my mods in the one go - But even it only went up £250 a year, with a remap, intake, wheels, lowered, exhaust and loads of other exterior tweaks.

She looks well man ;)

Hoping mine goes down after a year.. want to change cars once my insurance is up, all the current quotes are ridiculous though

Hoping mine goes down after a year.. want to change cars once my insurance is up, all the current quotes are ridiculous though
What you considering? I always find ringing easier to get the price down

What you considering? I always find ringing easier to get the price down

Either an RS5 or Mustang, so as you can imagine the insurance isn't too cheap on them for me. I could try ringing I suppose, but all insurers are ridiculously high at the moment

Either an RS5 or Mustang, so as you can imagine the insurance isn't too cheap on them for me. I could try ringing I suppose, but all insurers are ridiculously high at the moment
****** hell how old are you if you don't mind me asking? Mustangs are great, having test drove one. I found the interior seriously lackluster and the automatic and bit sluggish.

****** hell how old are you if you don't mind me asking? Mustangs are great, having test drove one. I found the interior seriously lackluster and the automatic and bit sluggish.

Haha, I'm 17. I haven't test drove a mustang but I definitely think the interior would be a large downgrade. I've heard mixed reports on the automatic, but I wouldn't have much to compare it to given that I've only driven two automatics which are both Audis

Reactions: Adam14
Haha, I'm 17. I haven't test drove a mustang but I definitely think the interior would be a large downgrade. I've heard mixed reports on the automatic, but I wouldn't have much to compare it to given that I've only driven two automatics which are both Audis
Good luck mate I got a S3 at 18, if you can afford it. Why not!

Good luck mate I got a S3 at 18, if you can afford it. Why not!

Thanks! Unfortunately not many people have the same thought process as you and just tend to criticise. Work hard, play hard :grinning:

Reactions: Adam14
If you're still looking for a downpipe I'd have thought a garage that does custom exhausts would be the way to go. Although on these you will probably need a sports cat to pass the emissions test on an mot. I remember when I had a custom exhaust done on my old mk4 seat ibiza 1.9tdi 130 sport. I did actually have a miltek downpipe on that and the rest was done by a local firm. They did offer a custom downpipe but I had already ordered the miltek downpipe.
Nice to see some people tuning the 1.4tsi. People don't mention remapping them hardly at all. I'm looking at getting a custom map on my Seat Leon 1.4tsi 150 ACT when all the current madness is over.