Loss of boost power after Emissions Update.

ethers_4487

Reaction score
This may have been answered already but been through the forum and can't find anything after looking at god knows how many pages. So after getting the letter off Audi in April for the emissions update had it updated at Cardiff Audi at the end of april. Since then I've noticed a massive lack of boost when putting my foot down (when joining motorway things like that) I've had a look around the engine can't see anything loose had the variable vanes replaced about 3 years ago after it kept going into limp home mode. Other then that it was running fine with no problems before the update with the car spending almost all of it's life in Germany and all other work carried out by Adui Germany. Has anyone else had this issue? and if you did what did you do to fix it other then getting it re-mapped? I've got a 2009 (59) Audi A3 Sportback owned from new with CBAB engine.

Last edited:
The solution was not to get the emissions update in the first place. Loss of power is widely reported (how do you think they can reduce the emissions otherwise?) You could find a tuner to put a std Audi map back on for you, or opt for a remap which can be as low as 200 euros. Did your car need other hardware updates?

Thanks for getting back to me I've not had to have any hardware updates just the standard work of toothed belt and both water pumps done about 20k miles ago and the only other software update I've had since buying the car was a steering update but that was done in 2010 not long after buying the car. So it's looking more like a remap then I've been looking online and has anyone had any experience with mybluefin?

Last edited: