Looking at joining the RS3 8V elite :-)

Reaction score
After a year of drooling over the Nardo Grey RS3 I'm finally looking at taking the plunge and handing over my left kidney to purchase one!!

I've found a Nardo Grey RS3 with 20,00 and the spec I'm happy with at a price tag of 37,200. It seems to be an average price for the spec I'm looking at which is:

Super Sports seats
Black styling
Dynamic pack and Mag ride suspension
B&O Sound system
Cruise control
Titanium alloys

My question to the forum is can anyone point me in the direction of a decent priced insurance company that caters for RS3's.

Are there any common faults to look out for that should have been addressed via recalls. I'm aware of a brake issue but not wether Audi has covered this under warranty

With the 20,000 mileage should I push for a haldex/oil change? The Audi point check has already been carried out.

And last of all does anyone have a link to the original online builder or brochure to compare optional extras against. I notice that some owners have carbon fibre mirrors. Was this a factory option as well?

The car has a 4 year warranty at current so would expire in 2019

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Scottyg, 45bvtc and Terminator x
Depends on age insurance wise. I'm with admiral and it's ok.
Welcome to the club. What a machine.

Reactions: Terminator x and RS3 ROCKS
Hi mate,and welcome.
You'll be a happy chap once you get it,I myself have the Nardo gray one with pretty much everything you state on the one your looking at.
Insurance I'm with Admiral,think I'm about £500 odds a year.
Common faults,I can't think of any apart from brake squeal at low speeds as others have reported on here,though this can be fixed I believe.
Others will tell you how too.
At 20,000 miles yea I'd be pushing for the Haldex/oil change defo,also new brake pads if you can.
As for the options list,I called Audi Crewe as that's where mines was originally purchased from before I got it and asked them to email me through the options list of the car which they did do no problem,and it had more on it than what the car had advertised on it when I bought it.
Don't no about the Carbon mirrors if it was an option from Audi during the build, mines has the Carbon engine bay covers and also the Carbon inlays for the interior but no Carbon mirror covers, I purchased these of eBay though and they look good,will fit them once I get the PPF on them.
Hope this helps and mind.....pics of your car once collected.

At 19k plugs should have been changed. CF mirrors weren't a factory option but mine did come from Audi, dealer fitted them on delivery.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nice spec... I'm lusting after something similar myself.

+1 for Admiral insurance

As for the carbon mirrors I bought mine from Ali Express, a fraction of the price compared to Audi and do the job just as well. I had a pair on my old S3 too.

Good luck with th purchase

So update..... After some crazy insurance quotes I can't even get near the magic 500 mark I want to be at. So the RS3 is a no go. I'll gove it another year and then start looking again. By then the 8V should also have dropped to around the sub 30-32k mark as well due to the facelift being released.

Shame I was so looking forward to ownership, but I have to be sensible

Pushing 40yrs old you should be ok on insurance. I'm mid 30's and have 10yrs NCD and my insurance is c.3-400

So update..... After some crazy insurance quotes I can't even get near the magic 500 mark I want to be at. So the RS3 is a no go. Shame I was so looking forward to ownership, but I have to be sensible
Buying an RS3 means abandoning being sensible!

What sort of figures were you getting, especially compared to your S3? In recent years I've found that the model of car doesn't affect the insurance too much, it's the location and the driver age & record that pushes things up.

I'm 40 in 3 months have 12 years no claims, no penalty points and my best quote was 850 and highest of 1,500 for a Lincoln postcode. I pay 340 for my S3 so its a big jump I'm not willing to fund. Especially when a lot of people claim to be paying 500 ish. I'm just not lucky enough to have came across them figures.

There's no way it should be that much of a jump over your S3. That's shocking.

You must be looking in the wrong places but anyway £500 extra is worth it for the RS.

There's no way it should be that much of a jump over your S3. That's shocking.
It seems like the S3 is very cheap, hence the jump. I'm guessing too that it's been a while since he insured the S3, so it might be worth him getting the same quotes for S3 to compare properly. FWIW, I'm paying over £600 a year for mine and I'm older than the OP with a clean record too. I just live in an area that isn't the best.

You must be looking in the wrong places but anyway £500 extra is worth it for the RS.
Aye, I'm not sure how someone considers spending nearly £40k on a car and then lets a further £500 put them off.

Reactions: AudiNutta
It's a yearly outlay with tax of over 1k on top of servicing and repair costs so I'm being sensible. Once I can get the insurance rate down to rates other members seem to be paying then I'll happily commit. In the mean time the S3 is still a fun toy.

It's a yearly outlay with tax of over 1k on top of servicing and repair costs so I'm being sensible. Once I can get the insurance rate down to rates other members seem to be paying then I'll happily commit. In the mean time the S3 is still a fun toy.

The S3 is great, I admit and fully support that.
But £1000 over the course of a year, isn't much to pay for the RS.