tte480 turbo upgrade

psmurphy

Reaction score
for a tte480 turbo upgrade from the standard k04 turbo what internals need to be uprated is it just rods?

also will a stage 2 clutch cope ok as well as a manual gearbox?

anything else to consider/change above the standard tte420 upgrades?

cheers

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi there....you need to talk to @TTE Si

The whole idea of the hybrids is being able to run a good bit of power without a ful engine build,and by using a hybrid,you keep the torque down.

The safe limit of the stock rods is 440lbs or thereabouts,and providing you don't exceed that,you don't need a full engine build.
If you did decide to do so,there is no point in just swapping the rods out,and you should change the Pistons,rods,bearing shells etc all at the same time.

Have a plough through my build thread for what you can and can't do on a stock engine....

I'm not sure what you mean by a Stg2 clutch.....do you mean a Spec Stg2 clutch or a stock clutch running Stg2 power/torque?

Either way,a stock clutch will not survive what you have in mind,and my recommendation would be a Spec Stg2+or Stg3 clutch,as I've used,and others here do too.
Those will cope with a fair amount of torque(my old Spec Stg3+ Finally gave in at 540lbs).

The gearbox is good also for around 500-540lbs,but may require uprated bearings and synchros may also wear.

The LP fuel pump will also need attention,some of us use the RS pump and an uprated PWM controller,and you will need RS3 injectors,plus custom mapping.

Rick@Unicorn is one of the best to speak to about mapping this setup.

thanks alex

dropped tte si a message and ill have a chat to Rich nx weekend

I have a spec stage 2 clutch and new dual mass flywheel

im read a fair few build threads half way through yours as its so long haha

Reactions: S3Alex
You maybe find this of interest Alex.. :hubbahubba: Syvecs mapping....

You maybe find this of interest Alex.. :hubbahubba: Syvecs mapping....

Nice one Si......that's what I've been saying for a while.
Get one of your hybrids,add a dash of Syvecs,and see how it goes.

The Syvecs on mine has been amazing.....Andy got an extra 50bhp on his RS from that alone.

Reactions: TTE Si
Guys are back tuning it Thursday so hoping on results soon but im told there very impressed and its making great power at low boost so far

Guys are back tuning it Thursday so hoping on results soon but im told there very impressed and its making great power at low boost so far

That ECU is worth every penny.....the control you get over every aspect of the engine,and gearbox is truly something else.
I'm getting more power,and torque,at lower boost,with lower EGTs than I'd ever seen before.

Admittedly its had the head worked on as well,but we now have flat torque from 3500-7500 rpm,more power with less boost,AND it's more fuel efficient!

Reactions: TTE Si, HHS3 and S.