advice needed

phillH

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am the proud owner of a very mint 1995 coupe 2.6

i'm about to lower it 40mm and replace all the bushes with a powerflex kit and add some anti roll bars,

but it just aint fast enough.

i know tuning options are quite limited on the v6, but does anyone have any suggestions to get a bit more bhp.

im planning to get a new exhaust system not sure which one and an induction kit. i hear remapping the ecu wont do much.

so how can i get the power up (without replacing the engine or spending a fortune)

thanks all

Hello and welcome to the site

There is not that much you can do apart from what you are doing now....If you were to spend a few quid getting the inlet manifold ports polished would help as they are never well done ....there is a way were you can open the throttle body up a bit further but not sure on the detail on that .....If you go onto www.034motorsport.com sure there is a few things listed there for your motor

Hi i have a v6 coupe too, i have a full stainless steel remus system on mine, sounds awsume. i removed the cat aswell to get the extra grunt and torque. i also have a ram air induction kit. fse do a boost valve that they say will give you aprox 12 bhp on standard boost and could knock at least half a second off to 60 although i am unsure about these figures. With filter and exhaust on, a rolling road tune up could be a good idea, could add more bhp.

please let me know how you find the suspension i am also looking to up grade.

Pull the engine, rebore it out to a 3litre balance and Blue print it, Port & polish it, then Big valve her...you should see around 40 - 60 horses not alot I know.. but its better than nowt and she'll be smoother on the pick up...