Keyed scratches on car

Shocker

Reaction score
IMG 6967
cid:7F72E170-9F0A-4A26-A008-0B44144A8A6A

Hi
I got my roof and bonnet keyed last week. ( as picture above )
After much buffing and polishing with black polish I have managed to get them looking not to bad
Only problem now is that the surrounding area of clear coat is all hazy and misty
Do I need to keep going at it with a fine finishing polish or have I damaged the clear coat beyond repair

Last edited:
View attachment 125614
cid:7F72E170-9F0A-4A26-A008-0B44144A8A6A

Hi
I got my roof and bonnet keyed last week. ( as picture above )
After much buffing and polishing with black polish I have managed to get them looking not to bad
Only problem now is that the surrounding area of clear coat is all hazy and misty
Do I need to keep going at it with a fine finishing polish or have I damaged the clear coat beyond repair

From my experience, if it's hazy, that means you need a finer grit polisher. Not sure what it will be like if it has gone through the clear. I would assume that it would be flat black.

Thanks
Just had roof bonnet and front bumper painted £1200

ouch. That is quite a lot of coin. I hope karma comes around to the ******* who did it!

Reactions: Raiden
Hi,

Sorry to hear about the damage. A few weeks ago some low life keyed my daughters car all along one side. I used a local Smart repair man who I've used before and the repair is faultless, and set her back £325. The panel shops were quoting over £1000 to do the work and a lot of sucking through their teeth while looking at the damage.

From the looks of it, Shocker has metallic flake in the car's paint. It was probably more than just 2 panels to blend everything in.