Pretty sure that shouldn't be in there

Orange225

Reaction score
just started to pull the wheel arch liner out to get to the cause of my quiet alarm when I saw this behind the guard
IMG 2543
Now that surely means my 2.0 diesel is greener than a Prius

Reactions: enc, HHS3, DJ_26 and 2 others
LOL :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: It sure must be greener than any other green car :tearsofjoy:

When I pulled my arch liners off I had enough mud to grow a dozen potatoes :(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's actually quite funny that you posted this, because a few weeks ago, I finally found the time and help to clean the inner front arches and didn't have the time to make a thread for it! Here we are:

Driver side arch:

20170417 170700

Passenger side arch:

20170417 153340

All clean:

IMG 20170417 WA0004

I have to say, I knew that there would be some dirt in there but I was amazed at how much! In the end, I collected it all and weighed it.

20170417 185022

Total from both arches was 1.9 kg! Weight reduction yo!

Reactions: daytonamart
Look what you've started now. The entire A3 forum members are now going to remove their wheel arches to check for 5KGs of dirt lol.

Reactions: DJ_26, Dee60, marci4 and 1 other person
well i just can't believe this thread scarey as i have just had to buy the drivers side wheel arches all parts from Audi today and glad my new bumper is going on soon as the guys doing it told me just to give them the parts and they will fit for me lol

Both my front arches are starting to bubble and then probably rust.. I'm tipping this is why then.
I'm curious to see what's inside my arch liners now