Chrome ashtray/storage cup/coin holder x 2!

j0hnst0n00

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Do you know if it’s possible to have two of the chrome ashtray/storage cup/coin holder thingies housed in their holders at the same time (crazy I know!) in the A3, ie is there sufficient space to accommodate them of both and enough space to open the lids when they are situ?

Just need confirmation before I purchase a second one (the Mrs doesn’t want to share mine!).

Dave

Take the one you have with the lid open and place it in the other hole ?

Reactions: r2113 and robps3
I would be pretty sure they would fit.
Maybe make friends with another A3 owner locally, and try their's?

Reactions: j0hnst0n00
They won't fit, well one will not sit flat / go all the way down to the bottom of the cup holder. I tried it a while ago after sourcing another one via eBay.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and j0hnst0n00
Should fit with the hinge opening forward rather than to the side - I have two but now use one as a pen holder on my desk.

Well I'm shocked with the aid of a straight edge the single cup holder does indeed go over half way :-

Reactions: j0hnst0n00, DJAlix and richinsoton
Where will this lunacy end?... Modern cars are too big for most parking spaces / garages & now the cupholders are too bloated to fit into their holders side by side!!!!.

Reactions: daytonamart, glospete, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
What will fit next to the ash tray is the unit I purchased which I use to store my sunglasses. It a genuine Audi part and looks in keeping with the rest of the centre console. The unit is part number: 8V0 863 617. I purchased mine from the German eBay site. I'm sure they can be ordered through any dealer but here is a link to the German eBay:http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_odkw...+8V0863617.TRS0&_nkw=a3+8v+8V0863617&_sacat=0

Reactions: richinsoton, j0hnst0n00 and Rob2k68
That's very interesting, not seen one of those before. It definitely fits alongside the ash tray unit? Don't suppose you have a photie of them both in situ?

Reactions: RichardT
That's very interesting, not seen one of those before. It definitely fits alongside the ash tray unit? Don't suppose you have a photie of them both in situ?
I had one of them alongside my ashtray for a while with no issues. It's designed to hold a phone the size of an iPhone 5/5s/SE and also an A3 style advanced key.

Reactions: richinsoton and j0hnst0n00
Audi Original Cell Phone Cradle. I don't think it will hold many of today's larger smart phones.
Amazon product

Reactions: daytonamart and j0hnst0n00
Two fit together but the lids do touch - I'll post a picture tomorrow

Two together, they're not wedged in, but the lids do just touch.
You need one of these console trays as well - plastic but decent quality with rubber mats and fits perfectly. £5.95 delivered from China

Last edited:
Reactions: daytonamart, j0hnst0n00, richinsoton and 2 others

Thanks! I ended up ordering it anyway (from aliexpress). I'll see how wasy it is to cut out, prefer to keep the coin bit though.