Centre silencers deletion - Warranty?

willh92

Reaction score
All,

I know there have been numerous threads on exhaust and other mods and warranty concerns but I found limited specific info on the centre silencer deletion.

Firstly, anyone got any pics of their exhaust with and without these silencers?

Secondly, I'm concerned about losing my warranty - how could Audi use the lack of silencers to get out of any warranty work I might potentially need doing in the future? The car is only 6 months old so I'm not even close to the end of my warranty. Are there any con's to getting this done??

Lastly, how much have people paid to get this done and where? I'm keen to hear some recommendations!

Cheers,
Will

It will all come down mainly to the discretion of the dealer if they will still honour the warranty or not. I would imagine just a removal of a silencer not bing too much of a issue.

Normally, and please check with your dealer, the warranty will exclude the exhausts once you've modded them. As I think this is a v limited warranty period anyway I doubt you'll have any issues but do check first :)

Cheers Guys ...

Normally, and please check with your dealer, the warranty will exclude the exhausts once you've modded them. As I think this is a v limited warranty period anyway I doubt you'll have any issues but do check first :)

So the exhaust warranty may have a separate length to the overall vehicle warranty?

cheers, probably just get the front one out then and bolt back in when I sell it