S3 Driver seat problems

RS-S3

Reaction score
Hiya,

Has anyone had problems with their electric seat movement....mine has had an intermittent fault with the up and down motion....ive had the motor replaced and its still faulty...will work sometimes and at other times it wont......any advice would be much appreciated...

thanks

Have you tried replacing the switch or checking for bad connections?

Had something like this happen on my S3, theres 2 micro switches in each seat that are at the limits of the seats up and down motion. When the seat reaches the limit of its travel, the micro switch cuts the feed to the motor. Both of the down switch plungers had been pushed into the switch body too far and got stuck, causing a permantant open circuit. To fix mine I just pulled the switch out alittle and its been fine for 2 years. The drivers side micro switches are behind the seat control panel, and not to bad to get at. The passenger are located around the seat belt buckle facing the transmission tunnel. If this is the same problem as yours its a simple fix.

Jamesh said:
Had something like this happen on my S3, theres 2 micro switches in each seat that are at the limits of the seats up and down motion. When the seat reaches the limit of its travel, the micro switch cuts the feed to the motor. Both of the down switch plungers had been pushed into the switch body too far and got stuck, causing a permantant open circuit. To fix mine I just pulled the switch out alittle and its been fine for 2 years. The drivers side micro switches are behind the seat control panel, and not to bad to get at. The passenger are located around the seat belt buckle facing the transmission tunnel. If this is the same problem as yours its a simple fix.

Jamesh

I have the same problem, how did you get at that control panel? It'd save me taking the seat out......

Hope you can help!

Spuddie :eek:)

Not really 100% sure how I did it, was around 2 years ago. The passager seat had to be taken out, but on the drivers side I removed some screws under the seat and then manged to pry the panel away from the seat body enough to get at the micro-switches. If you have etka its drawing number 972-28 and part 31 (this shows the switches). Just go really careful because im sure thats anything like the correct way to go about it.

Thanks for your suggestions...will have them checked out....ta