Facelift Induction Kits/Intakes

BowkA86

Reaction score
What Air Intakes do people have on the S3?

I really like the look of the carbon APR one, but have read that it doesnt really offer much in the terms of noise.
I know not everyone likes the added noise, but i like to hear the turbo spooling and the waste gate.
I would eventually have the car mapped, but like to wait around 12 months.

I have the APR one and am happy enough with noise and performance...there's many on the market to choose from, and most of the experienced modders go for the VWR 600 one....but I think for overall added noise your best bet is open box type if I'm not mistaken.
If you want even more noise then get a turbo muffler delete and diverter valve; atmospheric blow-off valve being the loudest...or get the new GFB DV+ that has the ability to adjust the noise as they make great products

Reactions: Rob2k68 and BowkA86
I have the APR one and am happy enough with noise and performance...there's many on the market to choose from, and most of the experienced modders go for the VWR 600 one....but I think for overall added noise your best bet is open box type if I'm not mistaken.
If you want even more noise then get a turbo muffler delete and diverter valve; atmospheric blow-off valve being the loudest...or get the new GFB DV+ that has the ability to adjust the noise as they make great products

Is the APR one much louder than standard?
I have an ITG on my ST, which is pretty loud but the noise is addictive. (To me anyway)

Regarding the turbo muffler delete, does this make much difference?? Im sure I read on the S1 page that most people thought it was a waste of money becuase it made no difference what so ever.

Reactions: PanamaS3
Is the APR one much louder than standard?
I have an ITG on my ST, which is pretty loud but the noise is addictive. (To me anyway)

Regarding the turbo muffler delete, does this make much difference?? Im sure I read on the S1 page that most people thought it was a waste of money becuase it made no difference what so ever.
Not a lot louder to be honest...but combined with the other stuff I mentioned it is.
I think I noticed a bit of extra noise with the muffler delete, but overall performance-wise I think the diverter valve/blow-off valve increased response most which I liked...and if you are going to mod then you need not be concerned about wasting your money :) lol

Reactions: BowkA86
if you are going to mod then you need not be concerned about wasting your money :) lol

This is very true!!
Ive not ordered yet and already looking at mods...and i said I wouldnt.

CTS do a nice intake that offers both noise and performance. It has a full 3.5" intake pipe and from the the under bonnet video and sound clips I found on youtube it makes all the right sounds :)