Coincidence or Not!

Ianski68

Reaction score
So in the past few weeks i have posted up several threads about my car smoking!. it was on every trip and only for 5 - 10 minutes and would stop. No loss of power or problems associated with it.

THEN

The weekend noticed my reverse sensors wouldn't switch of and that my reverse light was on all the time. my diognosis is faulty switch which i am going to get changed in a couple of weeks when car goes in for service. So my temp fix was to pull the fuse on the Reverse light circuit. How ever it works as a temp fix but my Engine light is now up on the dash and the glow plug coil light flashes constantly. all goes out when i put the fuse back in so i know its all associated.

NOW

since i have done this and the car is used several times a day, the car has not smoked at all! whilst this is great, i cant see a link to my random failure of the reverse switch and a smoking engine.

one for Mulder and Sculley i think....... thoughts please

probably just Coincidence Ian, but its an audi so anything is possible.....hope you get it sorted ..

have you run vcds yet to see what faults if any have been logged.

shame you are not a bit closer Ian, I could scan it for you....

nope , not that far Ian, it used to be called surrey countryside, but now its more like outer London....

its going in for a service in a few weeks and replacing the reverse switch. i will then plug the fuse back and see if it starts smoking again. But would deffo like to hook up and let you scan it for me. never been done since i have had the car. But never any issues or any i have noticed....

so 2 weeks on, my car is going in next Monday to be serviced and a new reverse light switch fitted. But since the start of this saga still no smoke from the exhaust...

will keep you all posted on this odd one!.

UPDATE

Car cam back last night. Had it serviced and new reverse light switch fitted. All working fine
BUT
Yes it smoked this morning when taking wife to work and just now! WTF has reverse lights got to do with intermittent smoking.

Would love some thoughts.