Bonnet Respray

S3Baz

Reaction score
Going to have to get my bonnet resprayed due to stone chips and scratches, looks a mess.

Will I get away with just painting the bonnet or will the paint have to be feathered into the wings as well ?

Never had any paint work done on my other cars so unsure how it is best done.
Must remember never to buy a black car ever again as it drives me nuts seeing every single imperfection.

This all depends on the colour matching skills of your paint shop. I recently had a mirror cap sprayed Flash Red on my 19 year old Golf1.8T. The match was perfect and so the bonnet on its own would be OK.
However, a few years ago my wife dented the front wing and ripped off the bumper reversing out of the garage! That repair was not blended and you can see the paint is not a perfect match where the wing sits alongside the front door.

I had my bonnet, roof and rear bumper resprayed last summer and you can't see the difference between resprayed and original paint. Just make sure you go to someone who knows what they are doing and it will be fine.

Reactions: sliced
the main issue is making sure the shop does a great job with the stone chips first then respray second with feathering in the fenders and might as well do the bumper. Done right it is a little expensive and will not be noticed. Done poorly and you will regret and wish you never did it at all.

Reactions: Jnsio