The usual Coilover/lowering question...

MagpieMatt

Reaction score
Ive got myself booked in to VW Midlands soon to finally have my car lowered and my alloys on etc. Im basically lowering my car (not sure just yet which route) putting 10mm spacers on front and back, longer wheel bolts, having my grills installed and mot done at once.

This is a daily so what would you guys recommend?

Just wondering what springs on my standard shocks? If so which ones (30-35mm region) ? and how long they last on my standard shocks?

Or Get a suspension kit that includes the springs and shocks etc but no adjustment at all?

Or go balls to the wall with coilovers? if so which ones max price £800ish

Thanks

Matt

Reactions: GaryDe
I would recommend AP coilovers from Damian! That way you can lower as much or as little as you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RyanJonS4, DPM and Chop.
Id recommend ap coils as well, I don't have them on my b8.5 but I do have them on my b6 and my mate has them on his 335i. For the money I'd say they're unbeatable and ride far better than stock suspension even when wound right down.

Also I have h&r springs on my 8.5 and I wouldn't recommend them with standard dampers.

I had AP's on my 8l and rated them quite highly, not a touch on top end coilovers but for a mid-price they are really good

Just ordered a set of AP coilovers with h&r 10mm front spacers and 12mm rears.

Thanks for the recommendation guys & thanks Damian for your service!

I'll keep you all updated when they arrive :)

Reactions: DPM
Good man! you won't b disappointed.

Anyone got a picture otherwise the Ap coilovers fitted

Anyone got a picture otherwise the Ap coilovers fitted

I put a couple of pictures up of my car with the AP's fitted. Check in the pictures thread at the top of the forum or my post about wheels and lowering.

Sitting on AP's

Getting mine fitted tomorrow morning can't wait! Looks nice! How much is that roughly 30mm? Think I'm going to ask for set at 30mm then will prob settle after few weeks just a tiny bit lower

Last edited: